Coming apart at the seams

julie

Hi all, It's Friday the kids are with their Dad this weekend and I feel like I am coming apart at the seams.Jack is stable for now.I am just on the verge of tears all the time.I went to the Dr. lost 7 pounds and he put me on cymbalta to manage stress.I don't even know what to say.We have taken him of Celexa which I feel was the cause of his defiance, so we will see.Thanx for listening.

smallworld

Julie, it's good you saw your doctor. I hope the Cymbalta will help.

What can you do for you this weekend? You need to spend some time making yourself feel better so when the kids come back you will strong enough to handle them.

Hugs.

LittleDudesMom

Julie,

I'm glad you went to the doctor and are working on doing something good for you.

My advice, take time this weekend to recharge. Do some things you enjoy and sit back and listen to the quiet. Certainly a physical and emotional rest will serve you well!

Sharon

busywend

Oh yes, be sure to do something for yourself this weekend. Think of things you can ever do when the kids are around. Than do it now!

It is important to recharge when you can. These kids drain us.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I agree -- take this time to sleep in, putter around and do nothing. Or do something you enjoy that's a stress-reliever for you. Try not to think about the kids or anything else for a few days. Rent some movies. Go out with friends. Just be free, and free your mind if you can.

julie

I agree -- take this time to sleep in, putter around and do nothing. Or do something you enjoy that's a stress-reliever for you. Try not to think about the kids or anything else for a few days. Rent some movies. Go out with friends. Just be free, and free your mind if you can.
u all for replying it means so much to me. makes me feel not so alone.I am planning on doing not to much.I am a part time fittness instructor and have to work on Sunday so that will releive some stress.And for fun it is my sisters 50th suprise party so that should be fun.Don't really feel like doing either but I will .I hope we all have a nice weekend and again THANK U soooooooo much.Cyber hugs to all.

julie

Julie, it's good you saw your doctor. I hope the Cymbalta will help.

What can you do for you this weekend? You need to spend some time making yourself feel better so when the kids come back you will strong enough to handle them.

Hugs.
Thank u for making me feel so welcome.I am going to try to rest this weekend.Thank u for all your kindness.It brings me to tears.

TerryJ2

Hi Julie, I echo what the others have said.
I know what it feels like not to want to do anything, but once you go, it's great. I've been like that all my life and always have to push myself. I hope the Cymbalta helps! I have no idea how long it takes to kick in, but I think it's pretty fast.
You may want to go to a talk therapist to learn some detachment, too.
I've been going to AlAnon mtngs, and they are great about detachment issues. You don't have to have a child or spouse who is an alcoholic, either. (But if we all look closely enough, we can all find one somewhere in our family tree!)
PT fitness instructor--awesome!