Computer Problem

susiestar

Roll With It
I have a strange computer problem. It was just fine until 3 days ago. Then when I logged on it didn't have my screensaver and when I went online ALL my bookmarked pages were GONE.

I also seem to be missing a plug in of some sort for 2 of the sites I enjoy.

I have a laptop running Vista Home Premium and I use Mozilla for the internet.

If anyone has ANY ideas I would appreciate it. I have checked everything I could figure out, including restarting and shut down and log in after a few minutes. I still can't get MY stuff.

No one else has access to my computer. It is even beside the bed at night!!

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Does it have a restore function - if so, take it back to three days ago and it should put everything back.

Marcie

Star*

call 911........call 911
You have a trojan.

Try running your spyware if it will allow you to do so.

If not - try what Marcie Mac suggested and go to a restore point from a week ago.

If that does not work - I would get it into a professional before critical files and picture files are corrupted.

There are a lot of do it yourself downloads out there and some will say PAY ME....(do not)

CNET downloads has a lot of freeware that you can download for virus specific/trojan specific problems but if you don't have the willingness to loose your entire hard drive it's best just to take it to a shop. Probably run you around $40.

If you don't have $40 - start googling for a specific problem and see if you can pinpoint a fix via solutions others have used (from when you google that problem)

Hope this helps....let me know.