Consequences

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
kt insisted on going back to Residential Treatment Center (RTC) early today. There is a swimming party tonight & she wants to attend.

However, I reminded her of the rule - go back early from home pass, lose outings & priviledges.

That's not right, mom. That rule has changed.

Took kt back; wasn't worth the argument. ktbug called me a couple of hours ago to scream at me. She wasn't being allowed to go swimming tonight. And she is angry :hammer: Go figure.

Rules are rules, sweetie. I ended up hanging up on the child. Called back to speak with staff.

Oh well, a hard lesson learned. :smile:

amy4129

Rules are for suckers!!
Thats a favorite from the 10 yo. Lovely. Sorry you had to bear the drama of her choices.
Amy

amy4129

Rules are for suckers!!
Thats a favorite from the 10 yo. Lovely. Sorry you had to bear the drama of her choices.
Amy

F

flutterbee

Don't you love it when they have to face the consequences for their own actions it is still somehow our fault? My difficult child is a pro at that one.

Good job on handling it so well.

Sheila

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That rule has changed. </div></div>

Apparently not. lol

Life is tough.... Fingers crossed that the next time she verifies her understanding of rule changes. lol