Court date set

Nancy

I got the papers today...May 2 at 10am in juvenile court. The charges are domestic violence. Called the attorney and explained the circumstances and that she is back on her medications and back on track. He said we have a good magistrate and he will be in touch after he has reviewed the charges. I am hoping they divert this to their mental health court given her background. Detention is not going to help her.

She is taking the ACT test this saturday and we are starting to look at colleges. I pray that this does not derail all the good we are working toward.

Nancy

klmno

Hey, Nancy! I'm not familiar with the details that lead up to this, but wanted to tell you I'm sorry you are going thru this and that I feel your pain. difficult child has court in May and again in June and may go to detention. So, I understand the worry about our lovely justice system punishing the difficult child in such a way that undoes or interferes with whatever treatment and constructive progress we have been able to get for them.

Keep us posted!

LoneStar14

Same here!!! Keep doing all the good things you are doing now. Hopefully they do see what's really in the best interests of your daughter.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Nancy,
I hope they take into account she is back on track and trying to turn things around. Gentle hugs and will be keeping a good thought for difficult child and your family.

smallworld

Nancy, I hope the judge sees fit to do what is in your difficult child's best interests. Sending positive thoughts and gentle hugs your way.

LittleDudesMom

Nancy,

I hope and pray that things work out that have the most positive effect on difficult child. Sometimes we don't know what will really have an impact on our children. difficult child seems to be traveling a moutain range. She is up and down and up and down.

I hope she realizes now the error of her ways and how "nowwhere" that lifestyle was going.

easy child is taking her ACTs this weekend too! She took her SATs in March and her guidance counselor said she ought to go ahead and take the ACTs as well since colleges take either. He said that well-rounded kids do well on the ACT because it is more broad subject based and includes more of what the kids learn in high school. We'll see....... Good luck to difficult child tomorrow. easy child will be heading to bed early and I'll fix her a good breakfast in the morning.......

Good luck with the court date. I hope the magistrate is not a hard-linder and is more understanding.

Sharon