Cross your fingers for difficult child

mstang67chic

Going Green
He called Taco Bell yesterday to check on his application and they had him come in to take a test. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they call him in to work! The manager told him he should hear something "soon". It's close enough to the school that he could walk to work (still no drivers license) if he had to work after school and husband and I could pick him up in the evening.

On a side note, husband was the one who took him to take the test and just waited in the Jeep while difficult child was inside. husband said he had his driver's door open because of the heat and people were kind of looking at him funny and/or staring. One woman pulled up beside him and basically stared. So husband being the sophisticated, couth man that he is....looked over at her, gave her a fake, goofy, stupid grin, lifted his shirt and gave his belly a good scratch. :slap:

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Fingers crossed for difficult child.

We will also hope that the woman your husband scratched his belly for wasn't the boss's wife/daughter/sister/mother/girlfriend/boss. :grin:

Suz

meowbunny

Hope your son gets the job!

If you ever get tired of your hubby, lmk. He and I could hang out at the shopping mall parking lot and make faces and maybe dancing to a good song or two. Yup, I've actually done that waiting for my daughter to finish shopping. It whiled away the time.

Crossing body parts on the job thing. I worked at Taco Bell when I was in highschool.

My DEX used to be equally as couth as your husband. He'd lean to one side and pass gas (or, as he called it, "float an air biscuit") as loud as he could if he ever noticed someone looking at him.

Dude was NASTY.

On_Call

Crossing my fingers for your difficult child, too! Hope he gets the job.

My mother and I once came out of a store to find my father sitting in the car waiting for us - smoking a cigarette while wearing a rubber Halloween mask. Picture it. Sitting there in the middle of the parking lot with the window rolled down - like all was normal. Jeesh. Makes me laugh even now to picture it!!

Janna

OMG, you're husband is something else. I dunno what to say about him lol. Geez ~

Hope difficult child gets the job. One step closer to hasta la vista, kid :smile: Geez, I can almost taste the margarita's now :rofl:

You know, B got that job at Wendy's. They're paying him almost $8.00 an hour!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe that! Heck, he can get his own apartment with that :smile:

Hugs!

mstang67chic

Going Green
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Big Bad Kitty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
My DEX used to be equally as couth as your husband. He'd lean to one side and pass gas (or, as he called it, "float an air biscuit") as loud as he could if he ever noticed someone looking at him.
</div></div>

:rofl: That's a new name for it!! LOL I told difficult child that if he got the job, he was absolutely, positively FORBIDDEN from bringing food home. husband is not allowed near Taco Bell if he has any desire to sleep in our house that night. Only took once for me to figure that one out. So if difficult child gives husband TB........husband is sleeping with difficult child that night. I figure that should cure that habit pretty durn quick!!!!

mstang67chic

Going Green
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Big Bad Kitty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Crossing body parts on the job thing. I worked at Taco Bell when I was in highschool.

Dude was NASTY. </div></div>