CT scan results

P

PatriotsGirl

Some people knew I had to have a CT scan of my abdomen. The results came back negative. Everything clear. The only thing they saw was osteoarthritis in my lower back.

So, nothing to report. No clue what causes these intermittent burning pains I feel sometimes in my lower right abdomen. Weird...so they are now suspecting IBS, which I have suspected for YEARS. But, I could have sworn something was going to show up...I was literally shocked when I got the report.

busywend

Well....it is good news....but i understand the desire for answers. Here is to the pain just going away and we never know what it was!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Shocking good news is always better than shocking bad news. :)

As far as IBS, maybe keep a journal of when this odd pain shows up and then note what you had to eat that day and the day before. Might help you pin point the trigger.

Glad your results were good.

Hugs

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I had a similar but different issue years ago with stabbing pains in my abdomen. They couldn't find anything. Then... The first round of IVF I got slightly hyperstimulated ovaries and WHAM, the pains were back only worse. Guess I know what it was now!

I hope it is something "minor" and treatable. :hugs: And good news otherwise!

HMBgal

My daughter, who is 34, has something like you describe, and they can't find anything, either. She did have a doctor ask her once if she had taken Accutane at any point in her life, which she had. Apparently, there have been people that have IBS-type stuff that has been linked to intermittent pain like you describe. I don't know; just a thought. Glad nothing was found, but then again, neither was the cause of your pain, which must be kind of crazy-making.

InsaneCdn

I will never be able to find the name of this when I go to look it up, but... there is a condition that involves phantom pain, but it isn't "phatom pain" (the official one has to do with amputees and the pain they feel in the limb that is not there). If I remember, it has to do with nerve issues - the nerves mis-firing, so to speak. I don't remember if it's auto-immune related, it was definitely linked to stress (makes it worse).

Have you started a journal/log of the obvious stuff? what you eat, sleep/wake, stress level, and pain, if there is any. If there are no patterns that tie to food or sleep, then... maybe you're dealing with this other thingy?

DammitJanet

Im gonna not say congrats because I know how irritating it can be to absolutely know without a doubt that there is something wrong with you and you get tested endlessly and the answers are always...normal. Its maddening. I know, I have been there done that and have so many shirts I could start my own stall at a flea market. They didnt even know how bad my arthritis was in my knees until they actually did surgery on me because for some reason I dont show well on scans. Something to do with I appear clearer than most people do at my stages. My ortho actually apologized to me and Tony when he came out of my surgery and said he thought I was exaggerating my pain a bit but after going in and seeing it, he was amazed I was actually not complaining more. I still think I have RA even though they swear I dont. OA just doesnt progress they way I am. There is a form of RA that doesnt show antibodies like normal RA does.

TerryJ2

Well, that's good news and bad news. All you can do is rule out things.

I'm thinking it's narrowed down to IBS or ovaries.

Do you have intermittent diarrhea and constipation?
I don't see your age in your signature. If you're over 65, it's problem not your ovaries. :)

Tiapet

Old Hand
Any chance it might have been a flare of appendicitis? I know that sometimes that can happen and then go away and not show up until an ACUTE attack. Why didn't they do an ultrasound? I'm noticing that lately CAT scans seems to be the test of choice for almost everything. Why is this? Feel like we are becoming an irradiated nation.