DEEEE licious recipies

cmdh

Does anyone have recipies or foods they have found for our food sensitive (allergy or otherwise)difficult child's.

I found a mix from Bob's red mill
- GLUTEN FREE CHOCOLATE CAKE MIX that is SOOO good that people at difficult child's bdparty ate the entire cake! These are people that are used to the real stuff and don't have allergies. I usually make cupcakes and freeze them then difficult child can take 'cake' to parties and or special events.

It contains

evaporated cane juice sugar, unsweetened cocoa, garbanzo bean flour, potato starch, tapioca starch, whole grain white sorghum flour, fava bean flour, baking soda, xanthan gum, sea salt, cream of tartar.

The ingrediants that you have to add are easy to substitute.

Anyone have any recipies or found something - a favorite of your difficult child?

:Warrior:

SRL

Must be the time of year: I opened this thinking I was going to see a natural recipe for de-lousing!

You are too funny! I find that Trader Joe's and Whole Foods have a good selection of products. I'm afraid I don't have any recipes.

Off the subject, I was with a little girl who said her head was itchy. She aksed me if she had those little bugs---lice---!! :eek: I looked at her hair and assured here there was not a single louse...

cmdh

:Funny:

That's one thing we havn't had to deal with ......yet!

Yep love whole foods and trader joes. My biggest obsticle is sunflower /safflower/sesame oils. They are in EVERYTHING and difficult child is allergic (igg) to them. Actually saw an article that a growing allergy is sesame because it is used so much.

difficult child is doing so much better that I'm almost tempted to have her IGG tested again to see if we can start adding foods back into her diet.. it's killer to avoid the 30 foods she is allergic to. It breaks my heart to hear her ask when she can have other foods. I am soo worried she is going to develop an eating disorder because of her strict diet now.