Deleting myspace accounts/pages

witzend

I don't think you can do it without the password. You'll have to have them send you a new temporary password to the e-mail you registered the account under, or have them send you "hints" to figure it out.

klmno

What if it was my son's- a minor?

(Refer to my post in General if interested.) I'm thinking maybe I should call his therapist next week and let her look at this before I try to get it deleted. Not that it necessarily means he was/is a danger, but I happen to think it's pretty telling and the page shows his last log-in so it's obvious I didn't just set this up and plant it.

Lothlorien

You may have to notify myspace, letting them know that you want to delete your minor son's account. HOWEVER, doing that may just provoke him to open another account and that he will hide from you. So what's worse? Knowing what your son puts on the myspace page and being able to try to address it, or not knowing? Just my .02

klmno

Apparently that is what happened a couple of years ago- he opened another and I found it tonight. He's in Department of Juvenile Justice right now so I want these gone even if he opens another after he comes home. Three years ago I was court ordered to remove the computer from the home because the GAL blamed me for "allowing" difficult child to have a myspcae page. I didn't allow it but after I realized that instead of them holding difficult child accountable for defying my rules and doing that at 12 yo, I was the one getting a court order, I called myspace and they told me they would delete it. I want difficult child to have a fresh start when he comes home but I also don't want this old page in cyberspace with the start date on it because it could be perceived that I broke a court order since he clearly defied my rule again.