difficult child "graduated" from IOP last night

StressedM0mma

And I am happy and terrified at the same time. We are down to once a week therapy sessions with therapist now. Scared. difficult child is conflicted about leaving the program. She is happy to be finished, but is sad to be leaving everyone. I think she became quite attached to the tdocs and kids in the program. I am taking a deep breath and jumping in with both feet. Hopefully things will go well.

StressedM0mma

Thanks ladies. I was OK with it until last night when I was talking to another mom whose son was graduating also. She mentioned to me that he would be seeing one of the therapists from the program as his therapist. I never asked about it for my difficult child, because I was told it was a conflict of interests. So, now I am stressed thinking "would it be better if I had pushed for one of them to see her?" But, I am trying to calm myself and say, if things do not go well with the therapist, and can always call and see if one of them would take difficult child as a private patient.
husband just told me I need to quit expecting the worst, that she has made improvements. It is so hard though, when there have been so many months of it. And, I am so afraid that if I let my guard down things will just spiral.