difficult child is coming over tommorow

Hi, I haven't had any type of meaningful contact with difficult child in about a year and a half. The restraining order is still in place, but I am removing it Monday. I think he's doing well with his life and because of this, hopefully, won't be as angry and ready to steal, or be violent to us. I disowned my son pretty much for all this time, as heartbreaking as that is. We all have different scenarios with our difficult child's-I tried everything I could think of before it came to that. We'll see- hopefully tommorow will be fine. Wish me luck!-Alyssa

Kathy813

Staff member
Have you thought about meeting him in a public place like a restaurant? I would be a little nervous about meeting him alone until you see if he has changed.

Just a thought. . . .

Good luck!

~Kathy

I think it will be ok because husband will be there -he is big. So is brother in law of course difficult child is big too(LOL)!! Everyone weighs about 250 and they are all strong!-Alyssa

Thank you for the good thoughts. Janet I know I could get in trouble, I just really think it'll be ok. Monday I will remove it. I feel I need to test the waters first. -Alyssa

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
If you have contact with difficult child while the restraining order is in place it makes it null and void. And like someone else said, you can get into trouble for violating the order yourself. When you have a rule out it pertains to all of the parties involved.

That said, I hope the visit goes well.

Hugs