difficult child is enrolling in online school!!

StressedM0mma

We discussed this for most of the summer, and difficult child really wants to complete her last 2 years in one year. And with all of her school anxiety, we felt it would be best to try this instead of fighting every.single.day. I am so excited about this. I was so worried about having to force her into the building, and dealing with her panic attacks. The school district didn't help, and her guidance counselor was less than cooperative. We are all hoping this is the fresh start she needs. Fingers crossed and beads rattling.

TeDo

CD Hall of Fame
I am so happy she's going to give this a try. It has been a godsend for both of my boys. difficult child 1 is thriving without all the stress caused by the STAFF and ADMINISTRATION at the school. difficult child 2 is accelerating and can graduate a year early by taking extra classes. He's even taking some honors courses which our local public school doesn't offer. I really hope this works for her and that she doesn't overwhelm herself.

Good luck to all of you!!

StressedM0mma

Thanks everyone. I hope it is the answer for her also. The good thing about this, is that she is TOTALLY accountable for her studies now. she will no have to worry about panicking when we pull up to school, so there will be no reason for her to fall behind in her studies.

InsaneCdn

This definitely separates out "school" issues from "education" issues... you've just taken "school" out of the equation.

StressedM0mma

That is what I am hoping Terry and IC. I even looked into her getting her GED, but she is more than intelligent to take the test now and pass. But, you need to be 18 to take the test, and she is only 16.

InsaneCdn

GED = Grade-12 Extreme-Last-Resort Diploma
jmo... it's good that it's an option, for those who need the last resort, but... what you are doing is better.