difficult child reached her 3 months!

Nancy

She got her papers to move to 3/4 and she got to move from the attic with 12 other women to her own room on the second floor. She can now start looking for a job M-W-F 9-12. On her home visit we brainstormed a few places and she put a couple app in online. Until she gets a job she follows the 1/2 program but once she gets a job she slowly gets more freedom. She got toi bring her cell phone back with her today and she is thrilled. It's good to see her so excited and moving forward. We talked about more freedom/more responsibility and how there is no coming back now, she has to move on, get a job, become independent and put what she has learned into action. It looks like she is building a nice support group of sober people.

I am cautiously optimistic but as each day goes by I think she is realizing we will never go back to the way it use to be, so I think that is helping give her the incentive she needs.

Nancy

H

HaoZi

Congrats to her for all her hard work! Can't be easy to find a job with such a limitation on available hours.

Estherfromjerusalem

Nancy, that's great. I hope she continues in the same direction. It sounds like she is in a wonderful place, thank heavens. I'm looking forward to further optimistic and positive updates.

Love, Esther

dashcat

Nancy,
This is such great news! As hard as this has to have been for her, she stuck it out. It's great to know that her hard work is being rewarded and that she is so happy. I'm thrilled for you.
Dash

Fran

Former desparate mom
Excellent news and wonderful milestone. Sobriety for this long has to give all of you a bit of hope. Every day she stays away from illegal and mind altering substances is a success. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for her.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Wonderful milestone!!

And really do like the way this program works. With each step she gets a major accomplishment under her belt and new skills to prepare her for the next step.

everywoman

Great news Nancy. I'm very proud of her and happy for you all. I know the struggle---and you have been such a great warrior mom.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
This is awesome!!!

I am so proud of her! - And you, too, Nancy - it hasn't exactly been all rainbows for you, either.

Outstanding! She is really doing well. It feels so good to see a success story - grain of salt, eyes open, cautious, and so forth, but she's already beat the odds getting this far.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Every step she takes -put one foot in front of the other - and soon she'll be walking out the door!

N

Nomad

I agree...so positive and hopeful. She very likely can see her self destructive patterns and has remorse. At the same time, is able to move forward..in beautiful and healthy baby steps. Thank goodness for intervention!
I love what you said in your last line about being "cautiously optimistic" and about how you and her both understand and KNOW that things will never go back to the way they were. Sending good thoughts!