difficult child update

Nancy

It was a long day of counseling, education sessions, tests and hours of waiting her turn but she did fine and seemed very relieved it was over. husband went to all the sessions with her except the procedure of course and reported she handled it very well and never waivered. We agreed to pay for an IUD, what a huge relief. husband said the place was mobbed which certainly demonstrates the need for a place women can go for help. On the way home husband brought her to easy child's apartment where we were just finishing unpacking. We ordered pizza and ate as a family for the first time in a very long time.

When we got home difficult child went to bed and said how wonderful it felt and that she never wanted to sleep anywhere else again. LOL we were a little worried about that comment. She slept in late, showered, ate and asked if she could bring back one of our old tv's to the house since the one they had broke. I agreed since we were just going to recycle them anyway. I drove her back and a couple of the girls helped me carry it in and we set it up. They were all excited that they could watch tv now.

difficult child hugged us and thanked us for everything we did for her. And so we once again sent her back to the sober house to try and learn how to live in a sober world.

Thanks for all your support, I certainly felt it yesterday. We were all very much at peace and felt this was definitely the right thing to do.

Nancy

KTMom91

Sounds like everything went well. I'm glad. Sending hugs and saying prayers that this is the turnaround point for difficult child.

pepperidge

Thanks for the update. I have been wondering how it went. I am glad for all of you that you have passed that hurdle. Hope she recommits to sobriety.
Hope you have something nice and calming planned for this weekend. You are great parents.

buddy

Happy to hear this part is over and she is healthy. I pay her recovery goes smoothly. Thinking of you...

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
:hugs:

I'm glad she's feeling OK. And your decision re the IUD was wonderful.

I hope she continues to make good decisions - good for HER.

Ephchap

Nancy, I didn't see the other post, so when I saw this one, I went back to read.

Sending big caring hugs to you. I'm glad that difficult child came to this decision herself, with support from you, husband and easy child. I hope things continue to get better for difficult child.

On a side note, tell M congrats on the new apartment !

Hugs,
Deb

DammitJanet

I have been waiting to hear an update and I am relieved to hear that all went well. Glad to hear she decided on the IUD. Excellent choice. I went on that in HS as soon as I learned I was allergic to the BC pill. Make sure you give her another hug from me next time you see her and also give yourself one too.

Mattsmom277

I logged in just to see if you has updated . I'm glad things went smoothly and she sounds to be coping well.

I applaud you for standing up for and with her as she made a decision on how to handle this all. I'm very glad about the iud. I hope she continues to cope well but also uses this series of poor decisions as a reminder on the better choices she can and needs to make in many areas.

I have nothing to make me feel this but something keeps whispering to my inner thoughts that your daughter is beginning a turn around and is going to do better, do well even.

N

Nomad

I'm so glad that again she came to this decision on her own, she is at peace with the decision and that all went well. Also, that your family had a calm day. Surely, your support in this crisis must mean a lot to her. Prayers that it was a powerful learning experience and that she is ready and able to re-commit to a life of sobriety.

Kathy813

Staff member
Nancy,

I just sent you a PM before I saw this update. I'm glad all went well and that you and your husband supported her through this difficult time. I'm glad that she went back to the sober house without an argument. That comment would have scared me, too.

~Kathy

DDD

What a relief to read how well it went. Sounds like the facility made sure that all the bases were covered which in the long run should be beneficial. Kuddos to your husband. I'm glad the four of you interacted as a family. Hugs DDD

S

Signorina

I am so glad it went well and so glad you had some family time. I hope you are sleeping well too. And that this is the beginning of more peaceful times ahead.

J

jinger

Each day will be a new day for the rest of her life. My heart goes out to you all.

" May she be safe. May she be healthy. May she be joyful. May she be free."