difficult child's 1:1 counselor just called on my cell....

LittleDudesMom

and naturally my mind went "oh, no!!!!!!!!!!!!"

But, he said Mrs. S., this is Mr. S. difficult child wanted me to call because there is a Valentine Dance after school today and he wants to go but forgot to ask you - can you pick him up at 4 instead of 2:40?"

"Uh, ok." He and I had a little laugh - "guess he's growing up", he said.

:gifts: "Guess he is", I said. Geeze.

Sharon

smallworld

Sharon, what a sweet story. Thanks for sharing.

Hope difficult child has a good time this afternoon. The board aunties will need an update later . . .

Star*

call 911........call 911
PHEW/WHEW - JUST A DANCE? Pick my kid up later? 2 extra hours to myself?

-naw - I want him home now at 2:40 so he can have a meltdown and I can loose my sanity.

Dance? HECK YEAH! :love-very:

crazymama30

I love it when the school calls and it is not a catastophe. I still get shaky, sweaty, and a racing pulse when I see that difficult child's school is calling. The last few times it is been for "normal" things.

LittleDudesMom

Wendy, no special someone - just the maturing of a kid who couldn't stand to be in school longer than necessary! I asked if he danced with anyone and he said "no, he and his buddies just stood around and moved their heads to the music!"

Sharon

Jungleland

Welcome to my jungle!
Sharon,

Whew/phew! LOVE those kinda calls! Will be awaiting the update as to how the dance went. :happyguy:

P.S. Oops, didn't see your update, lol about the head bopping! I chaperoned a 7th/8th grade dance once when easy child 2 was in 8th. It was hilarious, mostly boys on the sidelines head bopping, and the girls either standing in groups giggling or they were dancing with their friends. Cracked me up! And, I have to brag, my easy child 2 didn't avoid me like the plague, he actually hung out with me a bit with his buddies, lol!

Hugs,
Vickie

fosterparent

I know the panic you feel when you look at the caller ID, seeing who is it and dread picking up the phone. What a wonderful Valentine's Day surprise. It made my day and I don't even know your difficult child. It gives me hope that maybe one day the phone calls I receive from the school will be about a Valentine's Day dance. Thanks for the hope.

happymomof2

Guess we all feel the same way when our phone rings and it's the school calling - first thing that goes through my head is "oh no".

Glad it was a good call.:D