Difficult morning

F

familyof5

My 8 year old who I think has sensory integration disorder is having a hard time today. He has been having meltdowns and had one over the t.v. being taken away. He threw a toy at me and I took the t.v. away to discipline him. I woke up with a headache and it's raining out and housebreaking the puppy is taking longer than I thought. Sorry for the run on sentence. Oh and my family is upset with me like my mom. Long story but I tried to do something nice but it didn't turn out right. Can I have a hug?

tiredmommy

{{{Hugs}}} I'm having that sort of morning myself so I completely understand. Try to disengage for a few minutes... do some deep breathing.... leaf through a magazine... anything for you even if it's just for a short time.

family here are some hugs (((((((( familyof5 ))))))))

Don't underestimate the stress of housebreaking a puppy. I think it's one of the toughest jobs (and I'm an animal lover).

Any ideas about what could be precipitating the meltdowns?

Take good care of yourself -- get some extra rest if you can -- so important when our kids are labile.

Marguerite

Familyof5, has G been assessed for Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD)? Have you run your own informal Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD) test on him?

With discipline, I've found the what works best (in terms of him getting the message) is natural consequences and logic. Also, consistency is important. Never punish because you're angry and frustrated, because then it looks too much like you venting your frustrations and he won't get the message.

We all go through it, so when you get hugged by us, it's by someone who's been there and understands.

Marg