doctor appointment and freaking out - update

goldenguru

First of all thank you SO much for the prayers and words of encouragement. I can't tell you how much it means to me.

The situation is looking increasingly negative. I had my ultrasound yesterday.

My doctor called me today. Based on the ultrasound, I have 3 'lesions' that are "abnormal". In addition, the radiologist recommended a full body CAT scan, with a special study of the groin and pelvic area. A chest x-ray. And a slew of assorted blood tests. I asked my doctor to be straight with me. She said "Best case scenario, you have some freaky lymph condition going on. Worst case scenario, we're looking at lymphoma. You'll see the surgeon and he will decide what to do after that". And then she said the word "oncologist". By this time my heart was pounding so hard, I was nearly passing out.

My appointment is on Monday. I'm trying so hard to be brave. But, tears are spilling over all day.

My husband and I decided that we needed to call our son out in Nebraska to let him know what is going on. That was such a hard decision. Some people suggested we not call him. Some felt it was his right to know. I hope I've done the right thing.

If you've read to the end, bless your heart. I just needed to vent. Thanks for listening.

mstang67chic

Going Green
First of all....HUGS. Lots and lots of hugs.

Second...it could be best case, it could be worst case. OR it could be middle of the road case. (It's an official term...really. Look it up. :tongue: )

I know it's scary and I know it's hard to stay calm. Do what you can or what you need to until you find out exactly what's going on and what you're options are.

As for telling your son, everyone is different. If it felt right to YOU then it was the right thing.

Come here, vent, rail, yell...whatever you need. That's what we're here for.

slsh

member since 1999
GG - sending many good thoughts your way.

Mustang is so right - this could go many ways. Hopefully it's just a wonky set of nodes that decided to pop up. Get the scans, talk to the surgeon, one step at a time.

I am glad you called your son. Family is family and certainly getting support from all corners right now can only be a good thing.

A big hug to you and calming thoughts.

LittleDudesMom

Lots of hugs to you as you wait for answers.

You have to make choices regarding telling family and/or friends that are best for you.

I will be praying for you this weekend.

Sharon

Steely

I agree that this could go all different ways. You are being so brave, and tough - and I know you will continue to be.
I have known a couple of lymphoma survivors - if it is the worst case scenario of lymphoma cancer - then you have something that is relatively curable. Similar to breast cancer - that with the right treatment - there is a high rate of recovery.
But hold out for the best. I believe, and I know you do too.
We are with you and praying for you.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Golden Guru,

You know - you are Golden. You're not the aluminum Guru or the Plastic Guru - to us you are just Golden. I have thought about you on and off all day and kept you in our prayers, silent though they may have been - but strong all the same. I know you are scared. It's okay to be scared. You're going to get a lot of different advice, different stories, different outcomes, different scenarios, and just remember you are just as different as every bit of advice and person as the stories you hear about. You are quite unique - there is no one in the world like you. So there is no one set of rules about what will happen that will fit you. Remember and repeat that often - I am unique, my situation is unique, the people that surround, love and pray for my well-being - are unique.

Where we can't be with you in person - please know that you are never far from our thoughts and our hearts.

Much love,healing, calm and peace being sent your way in huge postive doses

Star

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Well, I have tears in my eyes. I'm so sorry for your fear, GG. You've had a terrible year; it's enough already!

I'm holding out good thoughts. I absolutely refuse to believe that it's anything serious until the docs prove it. If it is serious, we'll be holding your hand while you beat it.

Gentle hugs and a great big shoulder,
Suz

GG,

I haven't been around in a while and am just so sad to read this. As others have said, at this point, it could be lots of things - However, I can't even begin to imagine what you're going through. Waiting can be the hardest part. Once you know what you're dealing with, you can take an active role in determining what type of health care is necessary in order for you to begin to heal.

I just want you to know I'm keeping you close in my thoughts and prayers... Sending lots of hugs your way... SFR

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Oh, gg I'm so very sorry you're having to go thru this. Know that I'll be praying hard for you and keeping you in my thoughts.

Many many (((((hugs))))))

nvts

Rattling beads and many many prayers - it's best that you got your son involved - positive support is super important. In our family history, everyone said that the worst part of these types of situations is waiting for the diagnosis to be determined.

We'll sit and wait with you!

Much strength and power of positive thinking headed your way!

Beth

klmno

"I'm sorry" doesn't seem to cover what I feel for you. I'm sure the wait is torturous but I'm glad they are giving extensive tests ASAP to get some answers so you'll know what you are dealing with. I think you did the right thing by telling your son. We are all here for you and with you in spirit.