Done, done, done!!

Crayola13

Hello friends, I am finally done with my daughter. One of our house rules is no smoking. Not a big deal to many but, with my lung issues it's serious. Even when she gets bronchitis every year I get sick with it too....badly.

She agreed to this rule and all our others twice now. I have suspected she has been smoking but she has denied/lies about it each time. Tonight I caught her on the side of the house smoking.

We came inside and I told her...BRING THE REST OUT AND PUT THEM IN THE GARBAGE! She went into her room and refused, said she paid for them.

She was calling all sorts of people from her room and about 15 minutes later a female cop shows up at my door! How embarrassing infront of all our neighbors!

Long story short the cop told us both...your parents have the ultimate, final power. Your 25, they owe nothing to you. The cop tried to break it down that many rentals do not allow smoking. My daughter said but many do. The cop said, well go rent one then! The cop offered that we try a little leeway and let her smoke down the street. I said no thank you as she does not understand if we give in a little, my daughter takes it all. Not going now that road again.

My daughter tells me she found a place to go, it's my decision. I said NO. It's yours, rules are still the same, you know what the cop said.

Tomorrow I must go down to the courthouse and file an eviction. Cannot just throw her out on the street. I cannot go to Busch Gardens now as it's going to cost about $500. to do so.

This is the final straw. She called the cops on me!! When all we do is try to help her. No more. I am beyond furious!
Even if she smokes down the street it will still affect your lungs. The smell will be on her clothes, etc.

Snow White

On the Mad Tea Party Ride
Oh my....I had no idea of the extensive route(s) you have to take in various US states. That is so frustrating and expensive, from what everyone is saying. I can't really give any advice on that front. I'm glad we don't have that in Canada.

Good for you to take a stand to protect yourself. It's such a small thing that your daughter could change, if she wanted to but clearly she does not respect you or the rules of your house. For those same reasons, we cannot allow our daughter back into our home. I'm sorry that your trip might be compromised because of the situation right now and I hope that you can find a way to still go.

So far she is not being aggressive because she knows I will call the police right quick.

It really did affect my lungs last night, asthma kicked up just from being on her clothes. I have to watch out as certain smells, cigs, cleaning chemicals ect get me wheezing really bad.

We went to the lawyers and paid $115. for a 15 day notice. This is the first step and hopefully scares her enough to leave on her own. If not we must go back to the lawyer and file for eviction and trespassing order. This is going to cost big dollars, over a thousand, to complete. At this point I am willing to pay it as I want her gone for good. We don't have the money but will pull some stock money just to get it done.

Thank you all for sharing this with me. Wish none of us had to go through this.