Dont want to jinx it...but...my hearing!

DammitJanet

I had my SSDI hearing on friday and my lawyer told me he has no doubt that I have won!

His assistant called me a little while after the whole hearing was done to tell me some stuff and told me that he was so sure I had won and that he was right 99% of the time and he had been doing these hearings for years now. He is a nationwide attorney so he must know what he is talking about. I so hope so.

The hearing itself was scary for me. The judge asked me a ton of questions and I tried to answer them to the best of my ability but I was so scared. The judge seemed happy with my answers though and kept remarking about how all the doctors said I was seriously impaired and that he just wanted to talk to me and see me for himself. He didnt even question the vocational expert which my lawyer said was a very good sign because that meant that he had to rule in my favor or the case would be overturned on appeal.

So now I wait for the written decision. The judge said he would get it out quickly but who knows what quickly means to them...lol.

Kathy813

Staff member
Oh, Janet, that would be wonderful. Especially right now while your difficult child has to take things easy.

I have fingers and toes crossed for you.

~Kathy

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'>Have my fingers crossed for you....

You could use some GOOD news!</span>

:kisses: :thumb:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Janet

I'm keeping my body parts crossed and saying some heavy duty prayers on your behalf.

I know this would make such a huge difference for you. And God knows you both deserve it and need it. I wonder how long til you know? I hope not very long at all.

Hugs

Yay - Janet! I'm SOOOOO glad your hearing went well!

I hope you get your decision in writing very soon.

Just so you know - your decision letter will arrive with an ominous paragraph - telling you that the Judge's decision (good or bad)could still be overturned by an appeals council. The letter makes that appeal sound probable - but my lawyer says that it is very rare for that to happen. BUT - you still have to wait (up to) another 60 days to hear if they will review your case. Otherwise - they have the same 60 days to tell you what your benefit amount will be. THEN - there is no telling when the benefits will start or when to expect the retroactive check

It's criminal how they make us wait and wait and wait......for money that we have earned!

I'll keep on keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

Amy

wakeupcall

Janet, how wonderful!! To just have the FEELING that it went well and can only be a step in the right direction. I can hardly wait to hear what you find out. YOU deserve a break. Good luck!