easy child update.........fun never ends :) cutting school

lillians

lillians
when its not working we need to change courses,,,its difficult,,our son is having sex,, how do i know,,well he tells me,, and with a girl who is also having sex with him,its neithere his fault nor hers ,,they just are,, and good thing is they use condomes and if he needed i would supply them ,, her mum i dunno,,its her business to establish talks to find out,,i was having sex to at 16 ,,no protection got preggy and was forced as in thoe days ,,yu got married,,, awful, we grow ,,and we have sex,, its a fact of life,, as parents we do not like our children sharing their bodies,we think of white wedding gowns and virgins,, sadly we are usually alone with those sweet thoughts,,i would reel her in ,,lover her much ,, and grab him to,, at lest he was honest,,get rid of the secrets,,they lead to more,, i wish yu luck my turn is coming up we shall see how i handle it-- so far-not so good,,easy to give advice,,not easy to follow it hugs to you

Jena

hi guys,

as always i soo appreciate the responses and thought in the responses.

Rotsne - ok that totally made me laugh alot. thank u i was in need of a laugh :) i totally see your point there. Yet I am only getting info pertaining to their home from easy child, i wouldn't want to take such action unless i saw boyfriend bruised.

Jane - thank you and your right i am so emeshed with her and in her life. She is probably trying to fight for her independence throughout which may be making this worse. I always accept advice, you are not sounding "preachy" at all, no worries. That's whats so great about here, i can learn from others and so forth. :)

Meowbunny - thank u, breath jen breath lol. ahhh. i am already handling the school issues and have been for so long. Between team meetings, and also constant with her guidance counselor. We have done summer school for two years now, and the guidance counselor, and dean and myself all feel that i am "saving" her too much and at this point enabling her when it comes to the academics. So, we discussed possibly offering her a different program come next term if the grades are still where they are. Her and boyfriend see eachother everyday in school, yet from now on it will be "supervised" visits..... :) I have to allow him in my home, she can't go there it's too crazy and volatile. Honestly, what upsets me is there is a difference between them in love and in the heat of the moment things happening (regardless of lying,etc.) than her texting her friends with "how to do" it instructional texts while she is doing it, and him coming over specifically for that and it was planned 3 days prior. We will get thru this somehow, someway. My boyfriend is also rocked by this as well, it seems he cares about her far more than I previously thought. which is a good thing. so, thanks again for my calming. :)

Eekysign - I'd like to start by saying that here, this forum is a wonderful place filled with caring and giving and insightful parents with whom all work towards the same goal which is creating healthy, functional children with whom some day will be adults. We all try the best we can not to judge, or preach to one another, to read the posts carefully before we respond, and to even look back before hitting "submit reply" to see if any edits are necessary. It is a very accepting place to be.

With that being said I have noticed that several of your comments to me indicate that you have not read my posts carefully, I understand they are long yet no one here is "obligated" at any point to respond to the posts, we do so because we care.

My daughter is not using drugs, the substance abuse issue you refer to, that was stated in my earlier response and reitterated by meowbunny as well that she is not using. I also stated how I have tried various attempts ie. team mtgs at school for failing grades, different parenting approaches, punishments, stripping rooms down, etc. Yet you state and i quote "how odd it is that i am not concerned with these larger issues" and how why haven't i done this, that and the other thing.

I find your responses to be "harsh" and explicit to the point where I find myself not wanting to continue reading them. I also find them to be accusatory and judgemental as well. That is not the experience in which I chose to have here, and have never had here actually in the year I have been a member, up until now.

Maybe you should spend sometime reviewing your responses to people here, and asking yourself......what is it I hope to achieve by responding the way in which I currently am? Am I being judgemental, accusatory, condescending? Reread your responses carefully and edit if necessary. No one here wants to be "preached" to, and it often takes time to know people and as I can see you are very new here as well.

I do appreciate the time that you took in typing, yet I do not feel you took time to carefully read my posts and threads so that your responses could be more logical and thoughtful. I hope that in the future you take more time when responding to parents, and it's reflected in your responses. Remember we are all here to "help' one another not preach to one another. I look forward to seeing your more responses from you that are not this way.

again everyone else, this place is amazing and i'd rip my hair out without it, trust me!!! LOL

klmno

Hi, Jennifer! Sorry I'm so late to this- since there are many replies already I admit, I didn't read them all. I just wanted to offer support and throw out one rambling thought-

I'm surprised that the sd is letting her stay on track with the cutting classes and failing a few. I understand the need for the consequences but psychiatrist told me something once that has stuck in my mind- if we are concerned about the appropriateness of how the kid is spending his/her time, the last thing we want to do is use the opportunity for them to do something constructive as a bargaining chip or punishment.

I think he was right about this- it would only give her more free time to do things you might not want her doing if she isn't in her extra-ciricualr activities that you approve of. Of course, that just leaves us parents with less to use as consequences for our kids, so I don't know the answer.

Please ignore this whole post if you already addressed this- I'm not fully awake from my long night last night!!

Jena

klmno hi and thanks, i was thinking about you today. i hope everythings good with you, you have been thru alot as of late. Your very right on that. I contacted my old therapist and will be meeting with her this weekend to go over my plan for easy child. Yet we talked about the activities and pulling her wouldnt' be the right thing. It would just leave more time for her to get in trouble lol. I'm keeping them in place. Plus I think it is just good for her. It's not making much of a difference right now, but it is good for her.

Sharon - i'm sorry i missed your response and I know and i appreciate the support. I hope everything's ok on your end. I know you have alot going on as well.

eekysign

I'm sorry you took my posts that way, I really made an attempt to tell you each time that I wasn't "judging", just really, truly confused by the ever-changing situation you are posting about.

If you need someone to couch their points in "nicer" terms, read meow's post. The main points I was trying to make are EXACTLY the same as meow's....apparently, I do a poor job of expressing my "very new here" self. But that's how I speak, and if you were a friend of mine, you would have gotten the exact same post. We just have very different ideas of what's appropriate to speak about, and how honest one should be in a public forum. I can't change myself, but I can avoid annoying you. In any case, I meant no harm, and I've repeatedly said so, so I'm outta here.

To make amends, here's something to brighten everyone's day: Puppies!
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/shiba-inu-puppy-cam

Jena

Eekysign - I am sorry you feel the need to be "outta here" i'm not quite sure what that means. That is soley your decision. Yet I hope that you take what I said and get something from it, and leave what you don't want. I speak for myself by the way, not others.

As far as your comment regarding meow im not even going to justify that with an answer.

Have a good day. thanks for the video.

Last edited:

eekysign

Eekysign - I am sorry you feel the need to be "outta here" , yet as I stated I looked forward to seeing more responses from you.

As far as your comment regarding meow im not even going to justify that with an answer.

Have a good day. thanks for the video.

I want to make it VERY clear that in no way was I putting down meow---I was simply pointing out that she seems MUCH better at putting down the same thoughts I was having, and that I totally agree with her post. I was DEFINITELY not saying anything negative! ;)

No, I am leaving, because as I said, I can't change how I speak to censor what I'm thinking. My friends and I are very honest with each other, and fairly blunt (what you may call harsh). But I CAN avoid posting bluntly to people who don't like that style. :) No harm, no foul.

B

butterflydreams

Jennifer, I am so sorry you are going through what you are going through with your daughter. My daughter is 16 and I know I cringe at the thought of any of that stuff going on. Fortunately when she was with her boyfriend (they just recently broke up) they were both committed to not having sex. My daughter and I have had numerous talks about it. She said, there were times where they almost wanted to, but didn't. She wears a chastity ring (her choice). In my many talks I have gotten across to her that I don't approve, but if she were to make that choice to think thoroughly through it and be sure to use protection, you can't take it back once you have done it.

I can't imagine what you are feeling - I can only guess. I hope you are able to with therapy get to the bottom of it. I would definitely make sure that they no longer had any unsupervised time, - although my daughter has told me that there are kids who have done it in bathrooms at school or any other place they can sneak off to.

Many hugs to you,

Christy