When I took Wynter to the doctor this morning (we have the same doctor), I told her that I wanted to be tested for cushing's. I brought this up before with the rheumy - who thought it wouldn't be a bad idea - and with my GP back in June, but she had had me on low dose steroids for a while and wanted to give me more time off them to make sure it wasn't the steroids causing the appearance changes. Today, she said that she isn't comfortable doing the testing because she's afraid that she would mess it up (have to do certain tests at certain times of the day I guess) so she is referring me to an endocrinologist. There is a practice where a doctor has just started working one day a week out of the hospital that is about 1/4 mile from my house - so he won't be full yet. Which means IF he takes my insurance, I should be able to get in quickly. Keeping fingers crossed. I'm still waiting to hear. I'm not a doctor, but I think I have enough physical appearance and physical symptoms to warrant this test. Cushing's is treatable which is really good news, but if it's not treated it can be bad. So, I definitely think it's worth checking out with the symptoms I have. My GP got a letter from the NIH saying that the packet would be forthcoming. So, we're still waiting on that and my GP has to write a very detailed letter explaining everything and she is working on that, too. In the meantime, I don't want to wait on this testing. I've been feeling so weak and confused/disoriented lately. I'm so lucky to have the GP that I have. She is a blessing. Please keep your fingers crossed that I get in quickly. In a way, I hope it is cushing's - as crazy as that sounds. At least I would then have a diagnosis and I would have something that is treatable.