Ever just wanna

mstang67chic

Going Green
squeeze them till their heads pop off??? :grrr: I swear.......you can't say anything to or around difficult child without him arguing about it in some way.

Last week he got 3 stitches in his finger. The next day, he somehow ripped one and flat out told me that he just pulled it out. Ok fine. Tonight, instead of taking him back to the ER to have 2 whole stitches taken out, I just did it myself. (Between difficult child and husband, I have quite the collection of suture removal kits.) husband wasn't home when I did it and when he got home, difficult child told him that he got his stitches out and that I had done it. husband made some comment about it and I replied by saying that there were only two and it was no big deal, blah blah blah. I then made the mistake of commenting on how difficult child had ripped one (accidentally was implied but obviously I should have said it)and had already pulled it out. difficult child immediately went into denial mode. "I didn't rip it, something else did...it fell out on it's own...blah blah blah blah blah" When I replied that I was only repeating what he had told me, he denied THAT and got mad and stomped off saying that he wasn't going to argue about it. Excuse me??? YOU started the whole thing, you dufus! How convoluted is it that you refuse to argue an argument that YOU started!!! :rolleyes:

navineja

Can we do that (squeeze them until their heads pop off!)? Nah, it would just create a big mess that we would have to clean up and then we would have to go to the trouble of figuring out how to put the head back on and make sure that it wasn't crooked... Stress relieving fantasy, but in reality- just too much work! LOL

Naomi

I use to tell mine when he was getting on my last nerve

i was gonna tie him to the ceiling fan by his toes, turn it on high and watch him go round and round :dance:

it worked for both of us he calmed down and i felt better just for imagining it but it doesn't work now

jmo but i don't see why they made duck tape illegal :smile:

mstang67chic

Going Green
I threatened difficult child with hanging by his toes from the ceiling fan.......once. He asked if I would turn it on high. ***siiiiiiigh***

Kinda hard to threaten them with stuff when they just think it sounds like fun.

Steely

:surprise:
I, for one, would like to pop their heads off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As in, tonight, now................................. Sigh.

F

flutterbee

I'm with Naomi...just too messy. If you're going to do it, do it outside. Don't want to stain the carpet.

meowbunny

With my luck, I'd squeeze the head, it would pop off and keep right on talking. In the meantime, the body would block me from leaving the room. I think I'll keep her intact. Does dreaming about running away from home count?

TerryJ2

:rofl:

Mustang, I did something similar ... I told my difficult child I'd hang him upside down from the chandelier once. He thought about it for a minute or two and finally said, "We don't have a chandelier."
:devil:

K

Kjs

you can't say anything to or around difficult child without him arguing about it in some way. :rolleyes:

Have had same issues. Turned into something good recently. he joined Debate at school. He loves it, teacher said he is a "natural"...lol, he had 11 years of practice!!!

Mustang, I did something similar ... I told my difficult child I'd hang him upside down from the chandelier once. He thought about it for a minute or two and finally said, "We don't have a chandelier."
dont you just love how smart they are

ShakinThingzUp

I developed a "code" with my kids. The phrase I used was "you've hit that nerve." I told them that "I can take a lot, I put up with a lot, but sometimes you get to that point of annoying me that I can't take anymore and I'm going to scream at you."

We discussed that no one wanted me to blow my top and scream, so in order to avoid it --- when I use that phrase, they were to back down and leave the room and we would talk when everyone calmed down.

The trick to it, is not to overuse it. You can't do it every time they get on your nerves, only when you've really reached the boiling point.

For me, it bought me 30 minutes of peace on occasion when I had just "had enough."

And yes........ I agree, I've felt like popping everyone's head off within my reach on occasion..... why stop with one!

God Bless!
Amy

Star*

call 911........call 911
OH for the number of days I sat in the ER PRAYING ON BENDED KNEE that a doctor would come out of the flappy doors, white lights and angels singing in the background - my face pensive and my eyes glued to his words that said "Mrs. Born - we sutured his arm and added 3 staples, and because you are SUCH a fantasticly deserving Mother (crowd in the waiting room roars with applause) WE ALSO stapled his mouth shut. The sutures will come out in 2 weeks just see my nurse to have them removed, and the staples in his mouth won't come out until he's moved out on his own."

_ I faint dead away and have to have CPR but the doctor is like Swedish strong body with golden locks of wavy shoulder length hair, blowing into my mouth - he revives me.

And then I hear "You'll be JUST fine Dude - just don't pick those stitches out of your mouth let them dissolve - sure was a nasty hit to your jaw you got there, well surgery is over and he'll be cranky for a few days but then he'll return to normal.

OH JOY! ~ NOrmal.

:surprise:

and the doctor is wearing Keds, dark blue with no socks - yuk.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well if court taught Dude nothing else......

I have always said he would be a natural as a lawyer - a man who never looses an argument. A man so manipulative he could argue with a brick wall that it was not a brick wall and WIN!!

So when he got (loosely put) involved in the court system I thought well now this will surely show him he's a natural at being an attorney. It didn't it just made him come back to me and say

I know why you said I'd be a great attorney all these year now Mom.

And I thought (oh joy! he is thinking about a law profession) and then he said

BECAUSE MY ATTORNEY IS AN A&& H)(#

:smile: wrong equation Dude.

TerryJ2

Oh, yeah, same here. Our difficult child will definitely be a lawyer or a lobbyist.
I never want to be on the opposing side.