Every Time I Turned Around Today

B

Bunny

difficult child was there. I went outside to ask husband something while he was doing yard work? difficult child followed me out there. I went in the front yard to water the flowers? difficult child came out and had to stand right next to me (to the point where I told him to back off because he was in my space, but at least I said it nicer than that). We went out for dinner? difficult child insisted that it was his turn to sit next to me. I was in the kitchen this morning doing stuff for Father's Day and I turned around and almost knocked him over because I didn't know he was there.

Right now he's up in his room, laying down in his bed and watching t.v. Thank goodness for bed time!

buddy

I can't even imagine. Mine wants nothing to do with me. LOL. No answers here! Glad yours is in bed. I'm stuck outside supervising Q's play. Inside time can't come soon enough.!

llamafarm

Be glad he is just "there." There were times when my difficult child would just follow me around when he got angry or had the urge to get mad at something. Then he would follow me and scream, follow me and swear, follow me and hit, follow me and bait me. My DDD does quite a bit of hanging around very closely. It is for security, a sense of belonging. Though it drives you crazy I am sure it is a compliment.

pasajes4

Must be something in the water. Mine used to do this when he was little and then grew out of it. Since I broke my arm, I literally can't make a move without him on my heels. At first it was sweet and a huge help, now it is just plain annoying. I know it stems from his fear that something bad will happen and I will be "gone" again. I was very ill with a kidney condition when he was 3-6 years of age and in and out of the hospital constantly for long periods of time.

Could he have anxiety about something happening to you?

B

Bunny

Could he have anxiety about something happening to you?

I don't know if it's that, or if it's that he still is not feeling his best yet. He was really sick last week (the PA at the doctor's office told me the other day that she thinks it was not bronchitis but actually pneumonia that we happened to catch early). He was running a very high fever for days, sleeping alot and not eating anything except Gatorade and italian ices, so I was checking on his alot because I was worried about him. Maybe he just got used to all of the attention.

DammitJanet

Well I hate to say that they may not outgrow it...sigh. I was out last night for a date with Tony and my OLDEST son got home from work and when he didnt find either of us at the house, he panicked. Like what, we are supposed to be sitting here tied to the house every waking minute waiting for him? LOL...he is 31 years old! So he first called Tony and when Tony didnt answer his phone, he must have called my phone and my phone was still in the house so he used my phone to call Tony's phone and at that point Tony "felt" the phone vibrating in his pocket. We were at a dirt race track so it was really loud! My son called because he was afraid one of us had to go to the hospital because it was almost 11 and we didnt let him know we would be out that late! Oh please. I dont ask him.

InsaneCdn

Janet... I lived at home as an adult. And we had a rule that applied to everybody: if you are not home for supper and/or will be out later than 10:00 pm, leave a note on the table. And we ALL did it - out of consideration for the others. It really DOES cut down on unnecessary worry, and is only fair. You don't "ask" the others - its not about permission. You "tell" - consideration.