Excuse my delight

Fran

Former desparate mom
<span style='font-size: 11pt'>My sweet easy child has decided where he is going school next year. He is heading to the big apple. :faint: It wouldn't be my first choice but I swore I would not rain on his parade. It's his decision to make. He will have to live with the results. Now that he made the choice I'm excited about visiting and getting to know the city better.
So easy child works in Florida all summer and then off to NYC. My baby is growing up.
So I'll be on the road to NY again. It's almost a year since I made the last trip.
I'll wave as I come through.

:smile: We are pretty happy for easy child. I hope you don't mind if I share this good bit of news with you. </span>

kris

<span style='font-size: 14pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #663366"> wht fabulous news, fran. i think he will love the city. always something to do & really great educational opportunities.

i wish him every success!!!

kris
</span> </span> </span>

Kathy813

Staff member
Congratulations on another big step for easy child! I know that you'll miss him but there is a lot to be said for an empty nest! :smile:

If you can ever take the long way back from NY, I'd love to finally get to meet you.

Hey, maybe we can meet at Suz's house in Pennsylvania. We'll just invite ourselves.

:rofl:

~Kathy

Fran

Former desparate mom
<span style='font-size: 11pt'>Thanks kris and Kathy. I appreciate the good wishes. He is a good and responsible kid. Hopefully he will take that with him. kris, I know he will love the hustle and bustle of NYC. He will have the subway map memorized before he gets there.
I'll probably be close Kathy but meeting at Suz's house sounds good. We will just yell SURPRISE!!!!! </span>

DDD

Her "girls" will announce your arrival. No way you can sneak
in to see Suz! LOL.

I'm thrilled for you Fran. I just noticed that your easy child is only
17. I started college at 17 too but I sure didn't travel that
far away. What a gutsy bright kid he must be! DDD

TerryJ2

Absolutely!
You have a great attitude... that this is easy child's decision and you look forward to getting to know the city better. Don't know if I could be so strong. Sigh. :smile:

Fran

Former desparate mom
<span style='font-size: 11pt'>He is pretty self motivated and well prepared. He went to sleep away camp every summer in Maine. (I made him at first but he loved it)I think it helps him to not be as intimidated. It is far away but with cell phones and e mail we will be in touch.
Terry,I have to look at what my son needs more than what I want. It's hard. I have strong opinions and easy child knows them but I will not force him to do my bidding. It stops a good kid from thinking for himself. I thought it through for a long time before I had kids.

DDD, I would never had the vision or the initiative to apply so far away.My world was much smaller. He searched out his dream job for the summer and applied. He made all the arrangements and decisions himself. Once in a while I have to rein him in since he isn't done cooking and still needs parental guidance. Sometimes he isn't as grown up as he thinks he is.
He will be 18 at the end of May. </span>

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
:bravo:WOOO WOOOOOOOOOOO for easy child, Fran! :bravo:I'm so delighted for him!!! :bravo:

As for hosting, D3 sure has it right that no one can sneak up on this house with my 3 girls sounding the alarm :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: .

Great idea, Kathy! I'd love to have you guys visit ANYTIME. That would be wonderful! Just give the word! :thumb:

Suz

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'>Congratulations! Hope he enjoys his college experience....sounds like you have started with a good foundation for him to be on his own....

Does this make you almost an empty nester?</span>

:thumb:

DammitJanet

Fran...what wonderful news for the Fran household. Im so pleased for your easy child.

Does he have a major all picked out? Why do I have the feeling he does? LOL.

Fran

Former desparate mom
<span style='font-size: 11pt'>Suz, when you see the cd.com party bus coming down the road you may wish you didn't invite us. (think Magic School Bus)LOL</span>

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
:bravo: to easy child!

Fran, you have every right to be delighted. easy child is finding his wings & heading out into the world.

:smile:

Nancy

Congratulations Fran. We all love NYC here and easy child loved NYU when we visited. If she had had her anxiety under control at that time I'm sure she would have gone there.

Whatever college your easy child has chosen for himself, he will do very well. It sounds like he knows what he wants and is not afraid to go after it. Bravo :bravo:.

Nancy

Wiped Out

Staff member
Fran,
I'm so happy for your easy child! Congrats to him :bravo: What a great moment in the Fran household!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Fran

Wonderful news for easy child. :bravo: I know you've got to be proud. :grin:

good grief! Where does the time go??

DDD

Suz, how did I miss your 3rd girl??? Did you post about Chloe
and I didn't read it??? WOW! You're a brave broad to add a puppy in the middle of winter in Pa. :)) DDD

Fran

Former desparate mom
<span style='font-size: 11pt'>So we are all set to meet at Suz's house the week after Labor Day? LOL. Just kidding Suz.

easy child had a bout of anxiety about flying for a while but he seemed to get through it. He still is a worrier which forces him to plan for all possibilities. He worries about Social Security not being here when he retires. :hammer: Meanwhile difficult child continues to be clueless.
Go figure.

We expect to be empty nesters but although difficult child is in his own apt. I still provide him with a fair amount of services. Hopefully that will be managed better by then. Foster daughter will be 18 and has a plan that has her moving on by the end of August too. We may even sell this house and downsize. (that way no one can return home.LOL)I don't expect to have much of a problem with the empty nest but I know husband and I both will miss easy child. I doubt he will be home much except for Christmas. He plans to work most of his breaks including New Years. My jaw almost hit the floor. I want to say "what about us?" but I bite my tongue. He may not find working all the time all that much fun so we will see. He may miss being close to home a lot more once he gets there. I hope not but he is pretty attached to us.

Janet I think easy child will change his mind several times before he settles for the permanant career. He has a pretty serious goal but he has some thoughts swimming around of other possibilities.

Thanks again for sharing my our good news. It's just such a different experience than with difficult child. I can't imagine not sharing the good news with the friends who are in my life every day for almost 10 yrs. You get all the sad and scary stuff so this is a little good news. Thanks. :kisses: </span>

rejectedmom

Fran, I am so happy for your easy child. My husband got his master's and PhD from NYU. I was born in NYC and raised in the suburbs. Going into the city for museum trips and shows and good food was a way of life for me and my family and freinds until I moved away 20 years ago. I still have much family and friends living and working in the city. I am sure you and easy child will have a wonderful experience and fall in love with the "Big Apple" very quickly. by the way I recently found out I am only a little over an hour away from Suz so count me in on the rendevouz too! - rm