Facebook question

Californiablonde

Okay so it's my last day of work today and I have nothing to do. A little earlier I decided to check out my facebook profile page and update some info and change my profile picture. I notice my relationship status has changed. It used to say "In a relationship with DV" (name of my boyfriend) but now it only says "In a relationship." So I went on his page to see what his status says. I am no longer listed as his girlfriend. As a matter of fact, he doesn't currently have a relationship status. So does this mean he changed it and removed his name from my page? We are still friends but no longer boyfriend/girlfriend. I know the obvious answer would be to ask him myself, but my anxiety is high and I don't feel like confrontation. I have no idea when he changed it. It could have been a month ago or it could have been today. easy child is down here for his two week visit so I really don't want to start anything right now. But he still currently has no place to live so if he is breaking it off with me it will be interesting to see where he goes. His parents offered for him to stay with them in Arizona and he said his boss can transfer his job over there. So maybe that's what he has decided to do. As for now he's acting like normal and texting me and poking me on Facebook. Do you think I should be concerned?

donna723

I don't think any change he made to his page would affect yours at all. You would have to do that yourself. Facebook has made a lot of changes lately but unless someone had your password or you left it up where they could get in to it, they couldn't make changes on your page.

Californiablonde

Someone told me that if he removed my name from his page then it would automatically come off of mine. He was recently hacked and had to change his password so maybe that's what did it.

Dixies_fire

He removed it. You have to allow someone to tag you as a spouse or significant other on Facebook if you remove their name it gets removed from their page as well.

Not saying you should break up over Facebook but my ex did that to me while I was in Afghanistan because it was embarrassing and hurtful to his girlfriend for him to be in a public marriage with me.
He's either for someone or looking there is no other reason to do it. And he may have blocked you from seeing his status updates as well even though you are on his friends list.
When he took his relationship status off of public it didn't pop up that he had changed his status.

witzend

If your relationship status was linked to his page, a change on his page could take his name off of your page. You should probably count to ten and ask him about it.

DammitJanet

My heavens people sure do live their lives way too publicly for my tastes these days! Who breaks up or announces their engagements on Facebook? Especially when you do so within a few days of said acts! LOL

Dixies_fire

Well it's how I got the news my seven year marriage not engagement was over its pretty tacky in my opinion and unnecessarily hurtful and very public.

You stated on another thread that he hasn't touched you in months, also that he hets mad at you when you are relaxing in tub too long. He doesn't have any place to live and he's at your house. Now he changed something on facebook about your relationship. I hope he is nice to you and makes you feel good. Have a talk with him maybe say, "When you x, I feel ------".