Fall weather

Californiablonde

Just curious what y'alls weather is like where you are at. Fall has hit California early this year. This week it has been in the 60's and we actually got a little rain yesterday. Of course California weather can be unpredictable, and we may very well get another heat wave sometime soon. For now at least I am enjoying the cooler weather. So what's it like where you are at?

Last edited:

AppleCori

I just got back from SA, so I know how u feel. 90s every day.

It is a beautiful 73 degrees here in Iowa, but never fear, it won't last. While you all have mild winters, we will be below zero for several months. I am taking advantage of the weather while I can!

Lil

70's and low 80's during the day, 50's to low 60's at night. It's nice. Not cool enough to make me happy - I'm a 65 degree girl. :)

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
65 right now near Chicago but I prefer 80. LOL. I do like fall but hate winter which makes me not like fall as much as I should.

Californiablonde

65 right now near Chicago but I prefer 80. LOL. I do like fall but hate winter which makes me not like fall as much as I should.
I agree with you. 60's is cold. I prefer it to be in the mid to high 70's. But, I absolutely hate super hot weather. I get clausterphobic. I feel like I can't breathe. If I had a choice, I would prefer cool over hot.

Nomad

Staff member
I'm in the SE. I heard that generally speaking the Fall will be delayed and I'm thinking it won't be cooling as much as usual particularly inSept. And particularly in states like Ga, SC, Nc and maybe VA. Hopefully, Oct will be more normal. I really like Fall. It hasn't changed much where I am...perhaps a teeny bit cooler, particularly at night. Not much at all.

Last edited:

mof

Momdidntsignupforthis
90s and humid...we've been in a drought, which has made the trees brown early. I'm ready for cooler crisper air!

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
Our days are cooling down a bit and the humidity has been nill so we have been able to open our windows to get some fresh air.
Some of the trees are starting to change color.
I absolutely love fall.
:1010fall:

KTMom91

So far this week it's been in the 80's and I've had the house open. Tomorrow it's supposed to be back in the 90's.

I love fall. Summer here in the valley svcks rocks. Over 100 degrees every day. I am SO tired of being sweaty and sticky and itchy and having mosquitoes chew on me all the time.

mof

Momdidntsignupforthis
But...it's harvesting cotton time here...aaachooo they spray vile stuff on it, and makes us miserable....!

BusynMember

I had to read "60s is cold" three times, then I truly laughed out loud. Seriously, in Wisconsin, 60s is short sleeves and perfection. Cold is 30...lol. And 30 isn't THAT cold.

We are having perfect sunny 70s here. I don't mind winter. So fall being before winter doesn't upset me. Anyhow most of my winters are behind me....once we RV, winter will no longer exist for us...at least not Wisconsin winter!!!! So one or two more don't depress me. SW U.S. winters will be perfecto!!!

I know I talk about RVING too much. I'm so excited though.

KTMom91

106 here in the dusty and dry Central Valley of California, once known as the Breadbasket of the Country. Hard to grow food when you have no water.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Still getting into the high 70s and 80s here in Milwaukee-ish, but is at least cooling off at night, now. Right now, it is 78, which is still too hot.

I lived about 120 mi N of SWOT for about 12 years and I too laugh about 60s being "cold". That's PERFECT weather! 60s during the day and 40s at night. Ah! Wonderful! SWOT lives in an area that escapes the true Northwoods winters I dealt with.

The 2.5ft of snow followed by -20F and -45F windchills part got a bit old, though I am finding the sheer amount of ICE we get here to be even worse. I am also finding that parking in the open in winter, as opposed to under a carport...hoovers.

I have a parka I bought a few years ago specifically to deal with "northern" winters. It is warm to -40F. There were times I wore a sweatshirt under it, and long underwear were a necessity.

I wore that parka exactly 2x last winter, on days when it actually got into single digits and the wind was howling in off of Lake Michigan. I sweated as soon as I got moving. The rest of the time I wore a windbreaker over a sweatshirt as it was mostly in the 20s and 30s.

Nomad

Staff member
I recall this summer, we were under a "heat dome." Now, they say that the SE will have a "delayed fall." I've heard some say it is due to el nino or la nina...can't recall which one. I've also heard that the last twelve months have been on average 2 degrees warmer than typical. Bahumbug. I too really want a FALL! If anyone hears something official from the Weather Gods please post. Thank you.