Family

Scent of Cedar *

o-FAMILY-VACATION-facebook.jpg

bigstock-Happy-portrait-of-a-mother-and-49730834.jpg

9-secrets-to-being-a-happy-parent

Happy-family-at-beach.jpg

family-on-vacation-beach_pfna3d.jpg

1363742_stock-photo-happy-family-on-vacations.jpg

portrait-happy-mother-daughter-spending-time-together-beach-summer-vacation-happy-family-traveling-cozy-mood-66076265.jpg

happy-family-portrait-charleston-sc004.jpg

PRINCE-WILLIAM-KATE-MIDDLETON-OFFICIAL-ENGAGEMENT--267x400.jpg

depositphotos_4361853-Happy-family-playing-with-dog.jpg

Ironbutterfly

If focused on a single leaf you won't see the tree
A quote from a commenter on the blog. "Being there as a support is very different from being the support." This is so true. Great blog to read.

Scent of Cedar *

I'm glad you read the blog. I wrote those phrases down for myself, so I would be ready, and would have the words I needed. As parents, we feel so responsible. It is hard to recognize our own children as the adults they are. But at the same time, we need to treat them as adults. We are doing pretty well in our family, now. (Except that, one more time, Son isn't speaking to me. Again. Oh, roar).

Ahem.

I am glad you enjoyed the blog.

That's what I meant to say.

:smile:

Cedar

Scent of Cedar *

More on the role of Grandmother. More on empowerment through Grandmothers, and the power of love, and light.

And vision.

When we are so often in crisis with our children, or with our Families of Origin, we forget who we are. We come to believe that somehow, everything has gone wrong. It will help us, in our quest for self recovery, to immerse ourselves in imagery of connectedness. When our own families are filled with strife, beautiful imageries of love and laughter (and, as I am learning this morning, of the wisdom of Grandmothers) re-establishes...I don't know. It's something to do with reaffirming the goodness and the possibility of our highest identities, of our highest selves. These images I fall into fascination with have to do with resetting intention.

We are strong. We are complex, and fascinating, ourselves.

It is good for us, and for everyone in our families, that we remember that.

So we can bring it to them.

And change our courses, and remember that love came first. That whatever is happening in all of our families now, love came, first.

http://www.grandmothersspeak.com/

http://www.grandmotherscouncil.org/

Cedar