feeling in control again (sorta)

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
so I started this past week to really try and think about what I am putting into my body. I am 100 pounds overweight and I am sure my cholesterol and sugar are high (they were 3 years ago when I had my blood checked). Now with this latest "Liver thing" I am really thinking I need to get healthy fast or suffer long, sigh....

So my focus is to eat healthier and move more. Baby Steps.
Each day there's at least one thing in my food journal highlighted in red, which I should have passed on, but it's still progress from how I was eating a week ago, I am going one meal at a time. If the scale is reading right, I have already lost 7 pounds.

trinityroyal

Good for you Amazeofgrace. That's wonderful progress.
As you say, baby steps. I think food diaries are an excellent tool. It's the only way that you can really see what you're taking in every day, and without that information, it's very difficult to get on the right track.

Keep up the good work. You should be very proud of yourself!

Trinity

Wiped Out

Staff member
AOG,
Seven pounds is a great start. I echo what Trinity says about keeping a food diary-very helpful! One meal at a time is a great attitude. Don't beat yourself up for slip ups just get right back on track. Hugs.

Christy

That fact that you are journaling shows that you are in control. I tend to quit journaling the moment I've blown it so to speak. I admire your determination and how you do not let a setback stop you for getting right back to it.

Way to go!
Christy

Marguerite

If you've already lost 7 pounds, chances are your liver is already much happier. Sometimes it takes very little weight loss to begin to turn it around. The more you lose the better, just don't lose too much too quickly because that can be just as bad for the liver.

As one liver patient to another!

Marg

N

Nomad

7 pounds is AWESOME!
Did you all see the Kaiser Permanente study that came out very recently that people who journal lose 2-3 times more weight than others?
Journaling is what got me to goal several years ago. Then I started weighing daily. Recently, I stopped weighing daily and fell off the wagon. A recent vacation made things worse.
This week was better.