Finding Self Worth- Embracing Vulnerability

BusynMember

InsaneC, normal sensitivity is kind and caring and good. When you take everything to heart, even when it really isn't about you or your problem, then becomes, as Leafie said, hypersensitivity and causes problems for the person. But sensitivity by itself, if it isn't "over the top", in my opinion is a wonderful trait...tends to co-exist with compassion.

New Leaf

I found an interesting read on highly sensitive people.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/26/highly-sensitive-people-signs-habits_n_4810794.html

This article explains a lot to me. It could be why my sister was able to affect me so, as I was growing up. I always knew that I was very "different", well my sibs made sure I knew that, too. Different is okay, it's good, actually!
I am thankful that I am who, I am. Perhaps exploring this more, will help me develop skills to work with the negative side to being highly sensitive, as well as the positive.

I do find myself, at times, withdrawing a bit, when I know I am having a challenging time with my feelings. It is better for me to chill out, then be surrounded by people. Perhaps I will apply this to my posting as well, so I do not get caught up in misinterpretation, reading and posting.

Join the crowd. That is one thing I'm not sure I can change about myself.
Serenity, do you see some of yourself in this article?

leafy

BusynMember

Yes, leafie. Most of it applies to me, including sensitivity to noise, and in my case, smell also. I feel happiness and sadness deeply and am easily hurt. I have learned a little bit to at least know when I am hurt without cause. I am extremely analytucal! I ruminatr, think hard, try to figure things out. I dobetter with one on one thsn in a crowd. A few traits in the article are not me, but most are.
Whoa is us!