First visit to the OB today

Woofens

Went to the OB this AM. Was my first appointment with him, but I was a friends labor coach last summer and he was her OB, which is why I chose him. Nice guy, spent about 15 minutes talking to me before I even had to get in the oh so attractive paper gown for the exam.

We talked alot about my high risk past pregnancies, and my history of preterm labor, and he told me that he is going to start me on progesterone shots at week 16 through week 34, because that helps prevent preterm labor. Also will do the cerglage (sp?? the stitch in your cervix) if I do start to have preterm labor. He did an ultrasound (a vaginal one yuck!!:sick:) because I wasn't exactly sure of the date of my last period. I am 8 weeks and 3 days pregnant today, and the baby is due July 4th! Also got reassured that there is only 1 baby (thankfully lol). I go back on December 21.

The best news is, he said at my next appointment, he will put me back on my Cymbalta!! I do have to have another c-section, but I was expecting that, and would rather the c-section anyway.

So far, so good!

Hugs,
Jan

nvts

Hey Jan! Welcome to my life 22 weeks ago! (I'm in week 30!). Glad to hear that the OB has a real common sense plan for you - it's really reassuring when you have faith in your OB.

Enjoy, have fun and keep everyone in the loop!

Beth

Woofens

Thanks Beth! I am getting excited now... and so long to go yet LOL Seeing the ultrasound picture today and seeing the baby's heartbeat really brought it home. So was kinda freaked out when he saw the picture LOL Said... "we're having an alien?" LOL

Bet you're ready for it to be over :)

Hugs
Jan

donna723

Congratulations, Jan!

My daughter is 15 weeks along now and she had her first ultrasound at about eight weeks too. They decided that what it most resembled at that stage was a Gummi Bear! Se we're referring to it as the 'Gummi Bear' until she has her next ultrasound and we find out if it's a boy Gummi Bear or a girl Gummi Bear.

I hope all goes well with you. It sounds like you've got a really good doctor who takes time to listen! That's great!

susiestar

Roll With It
Congratulations! I am sorry it is a high-risk pregnancy, but it is great you like and trust your doctor. That means the world in delivering babies!

It sounds like doctor has common sense plans and will do what you need when you need it. I hope you do not end up needing the cervical stitch, that sounds rather painful, in my opinion. BUT if it helps the baby, then it will be worth it. Also wonderful about the cymbalta. I hope it helps you.

LOL about the alien. My cousin has videotape of the hospital after his first was born - he forgot he was recording and called her "Daddy's little ET". His wife was NOT amused then, but we all think it is funny now.

I wish you nothing but the best with this pregnancy and child.

Woofens

Thanks Susie and Donna. LOL @ ET. We called difficult child D a California raisin for months after he was born!

The OB said that the Cymbalta is safe after 12 weeks, and he wants me on it more for the pain relief than the AD qualities. I'm happy to be killing 2 birds with 1 stone. He is worried my back is going to really give me grief as the pregnancy progresses. Maybe if I'm back on the Cymbalta before that, it will help. I can hope anyhow right?

Hugs
Jan