Fran, any news...

Fran

Former desparate mom
Todays update: Suz and ex are waiting to hear from neurosurgeon about posiibly going home. He is eating, walking, talking. Getting physical therapy. Sleeping a lot. He isn't himself and seems to not be able to answer some questions but he is medically stable at the moment. They are waiting for the swelling to go down before attempting to fix nose and face. Evidently, it's pretty black and blue.
He is all over the place emotionally. Weeps easily which isn't like him.
All stuff that happens with brain bruising and swelling.
Suz sounds exhausted but a little less stressed. I know she will rest better in her own bed and when Rob is in his own bed.
She sends her thanks and appreciation.

Estherfromjerusalem

Fran, thanks so much for the updating.

Suz, my love goes out to you and your family, and prayers for continued recovery for Rob. It sounds quite encouraging so far. These kids are so resilient!!

Love, Esther

busywend

Thanks Fran.

Suz, this sounds much more positive. Going home?! Already! Walking! WAHOO!!!

I know he has a long road of healing to go, so I will continue with healing prayers.

rejectedmom

I've been waiting for this post! I am so glad Rob is up and about and Suz and the doctors are already talking about him going home. I will continue to pray for the best outcomes. -RM

R

runawaybunny

Excellent news Fran. Thank you so much for keeping up posted.

Continuing to send healing thoughts to Suz and Rob.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Glad to hear this! He's still got a long way back, but at least they've come a long way in dealing with TBIs these days.

I know from mine that it took about a year for me to come back completely. I was left with a math "disability" that luckily an older cousin who was a HS math teacher was able to help me with.

I saw double for six months after and that was considered to be "normal". Nowadays, while they don't keep pts in hospital as long, they are much better at rehab.

The cussing and weepiness can be a result of either/both the Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) or being on a respirator.

I know that after my surgery, which had nothing to do with a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), I startled my mother with my command of profanity, LoL.

This does clear up, but it takes time.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
That's encouraging news. Continuing to pray that the damage is not long-term -- he's got youth on his side, and us! :D I hope he gets discharged soon.

TerryJ2

VERY good!
What a relief. Out of ICU means he's going to make it.
Doesn't mean it will be easy, though.
I hope it knocked some sense into him about wearing a helmet.
Scary, scary, scary.

Many hugs and much strength for Suz.

DDD

Fran, you might suggest to Suz and family that a short stay in a rehab center might be well worth the choice. Taking care of an unstable Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) family member at home is very difficult. easy child/difficult child would get out of bed and roam with-o knowing it. It's scarey. As a sincere friend and family Board member, I strongly suggest letting the professionals monitor him for awhile longer. Sending more hugs and prayers their way. DDD

DammitJanet

DDD...I was wondering the same thing. I didnt have what he has had and I was completely delusional for much of the time. You really cant tell when he will go in and out of those states either.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Fran thanks for the UP - Update....

Suz,

Angels step in when Moms go to sleep. Get the rest you need, and know he's in the best hands he could be in.

Hugs & Love -
Star