Going to new shrink...

Confused

Well, things toned down for a while. I didnt wanna post until all was great or at least mostly normal. But, it has all gotten worse.

Daughter has goals, I'm proud!!!!

Son now 12 OMG. The last Dr kept same medications ( really made him tired no help with his violence) He refuses to take em anyway and any new pills. New place has what I believe the best people and resources to help him.His defiance, control, violence, damage, lies, threats and never takes responsibility and blames everyone else is just overwhelming. (I aint perfect, far from it. I own up, to everyone )places I never want to show my face again I'm so embarresed and probably banned in most places. Im not going to get into the details, I said way too much already. And I'm just shaking,anxiety attacks.

He has always needed a sort of mood stabilizer and antipsychotic medications along with anger management. Every one says wait until he's lil older, it's hard to label them young, he's just ADHD!!!!!Umm...NOOOOOO. My boy is beyond that, I know he's to the point off Conduct Disorder, possibly Bipolar and deffinetly Intermittent Explosive Disorder. I thought hes a pyscopath or sociopath but he doesn't hurt animals and really broke down over my dad. When he's not mad (rare) He can be very charming and smart and helpful.

Wish us luck with his upcoming new appointment.

B’smom

Good luck with your appointment. I can empathize with what you’re going through. My son (10) has a long list of diagnoses, and many of the same issues (violence, etc). I hope perhaps you can find help that works for him. Keep up the great work! You’ve got this even if it doesn’t always feel like that, you’re not alone. We’re here for you!

Confused

Good luck with your appointment. I can empathize with what you’re going through. My son (10) has a long list of diagnoses, and many of the same issues (violence, etc). I hope perhaps you can find help that works for him. Keep up the great work! You’ve got this even if it doesn’t always feel like that, you’re not alone. We’re here for you!

Thanks
I'm sorry about your sons issues too. It's so exhausting isn't it?

B’smom

Absolutely, some days I wonder how I made it through the day. But I keep reminding myself “one moment at a time” and somehow, life goes on. Sometimes the problems/concerns are solved but most days they’re not. You’ve got this!

Do you have any updates on your son? How are things going?