Gone awhile...finally back...

aeditha17

Hello all! I have been gone for a while. School took all the wind out of me and I barely had the energy to drive home from work at night, much less post. By summer's arrival, I was just trying to avoid all three of mine from killing each other and husband from guzzling a bottle of rum and hijacking to Mexico!

Back in the swing of school now. Darling Big Boy has been moved to a charter school (middle school was just too much for him with- his Tourette's, anxiety, ADHD and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)). MUCH BETTER now! Darling Princess is repeating kinder despite the best efforts of the school and is thriving when she's not counting everything or melting down over the order of the lunch line and Darling Baby Boy is in kinder for the 1st time and is basically "normal" except for freaky outbursts that get him "removed from class"......<sigh> here we go again.......

Just wanted to get back in the loop with you all. Hope everyone is as well as they can be!

B

aeditha17

Thanks!
I cannot stress enough how much the "soft place to land for the battle weary parent" personifies what we go through. I was just reading on an Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) site and musing to myself that my whole family would make the most interesing case study. difficult child 1 - Tourette's, ADHD, anxiety, a touch of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD); difficult child 2 - Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), ODD, anxiety and I suspect Aspergers, though it is not diagnosed; difficult child 3 - 5 year old boy with a bad temper and horrifying separation anxiety...time will tell the rest. husband has panic disorder, depression and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) - drinks a little too much - bad childhood.
Here I am - the product of the proverbial "Brady Bunch Childhood" - my worst issue have been low self esteem and post-partum depression. I am the odd glue that keeps the family from unraveling. Where's my glue? Where's my rock? Oh wait, that's me.
<sigh> again.

Thanks for the abilty to vent. It is always comforting to be able to talk amongst "those who know".
:)
B