Good friday morning

Good Morning Everyone:bloodshot::coffee:,

Last night we had heavy rain. This morning - You guessed it - IT'S RAINING:( I'm waiting for a repair person who should be here any minute. Hopefully, he'll show up. I've got lots to do while waiting though - I've already got my first load of laundry in, have - A MIRACLE!!! While typing, he showed up!!! It'll be a good day:D

Lost my train of thought - Anyway, it looks like today will be a day of straightening out the house. The only errand I have to do is pick up fish for dinner. Other than that, I'm staying home. I think I'll try to call a few friends I haven't talked to for a while - It'll be nice to catch up.

As always, I hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today... SFR

Andy

GOOD MORNING
:D:D:D
I find that this is a hard time to start the morning thread. I am so sure I have a same time friend out there starting another one. :surprise:

Yesterday was so nice out at my supervisor's home. He and his friend are ex-landscapers and their entire yard front to back is a beautiful garden. It was perfect weather to just sit and visit. He hosted a Garden Party to raise funds for decorations at our facility.

difficult child had his first and last play-off baseball game. The end was exciting as his team came back to tie from 5 runs behind. They did end up losing by one but they made the other team earn their position in the play-offs.

This afternoon, difficult child wants to wash and wax the van. He also wants to go purchase flowers to plant in front of the house. He has already preparded the area for the flowers. If I could only get that energy focused on cleaning his bedroom!

Everyone have a great day and find a way to make your kids laugh.

Andy

Good Morning Searching! So, you are the Same-Time friend this morning! :) I am sure someone will merge our threads.

Looks like you are off to a great day!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Happy Friday Friends:bigsmile:

Everyone must be sleeping in today! easy child had a nice 16th birthday for the most part yesterday. She went through only one or two sulky moods but for the most part was pleasant. She really enjoyed going out for lunch with just husband and me with difficult child being gone at camp. Only bad thing is it wasn't a healthy eating choice place for me-but it sure was tasty!

This morning we will go to the health club and later I think husband wants to go to a movie. I'm not sure yet what easy child wants to do. I'm hoping to convince her to start filling out some job applications!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful::peaceful:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Too funny, I don't every remember seeing three gm threads started!!

SFR-You must have lots of green around you with all that rain! Enjoy your day!

Andy-Sounds like a nice time at your supervisor's. Could you send your difficult child to my house to do my van after he is done with yours? He sounds amazing:)

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Good morning everyone!

I'm determined today will be better than yesterday. And honestly yesterday wasn't all that bad!

therese005us

Hi everyone! that's so funny, I was waiting to see if someone would finally start a Friday thread, and three turned up in the next few seconds!!
What now?

Anyway, I didn't write yesterday, because by the time I got home from my afternoon jaunts, i had a migraine and colic, and gastric all at once, so I crawled into be at 8pm, which is terrible early for me!!

Thursday - recap - phone call from bio mum to tell me the dept had told her they were not going to reinterview cherub with the police. That's good news, I think - it might mean that they have enough evidence from her to believe her and take action. They also told her that they want to track down daddy - why didn't they talk to him BEFORE he took off with his mother on 'holiday'?
Anyway, bio mum wanted the little ones home for thursday night so that she could send them to daycare today (Friday) and as the school had a sports day today, they were glad for me to have her miss it as they don't have the resources to care for her out of her normal school, so I sent them all home at once. Cherub will come back tomorrow (saturday).
Cherub is doing well at home for the first day, according to bio mum and took her medicine without argument and stayed reasonably clean/dry. I told mom to praise her plenty and use soft words. I hope she does. Cherub rang me twice herself and bio mum well, I lost count of her text messages.
On the way into city yesterday I had severe colic, and then later it developed into migraine and gastric so I think I must have a bug. All night, the same, and all day. Still, I managed to get one whole paddock fenced today (pulling up the fence that fell down in the flood) with the help of a neighbour. So, the beeves can go in there tomorrow. Inbetween I had to stop the tractor and race up to the house for the .... you know what! Still, it was nice to be out in the winter sun on the tractor boring holes etc.
My german student is terribly homesick, but we're linking her up with another student fo the day tomorrow while daughter is at dancing, so they can share their woes together. It's going to be a long year if she cries for home everyday...

have a nice day everyone, and a nice weekend....
We're going to Bluebell tomorrow if I am fully recovered.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning ladies. TGIF. I'm looking forward to a nice summer weekend. Keep your fingers crossed.

SFR, good news about the repairman. It's always a good day when they show up at a reasonable time. Have fun talking to friends on the phone. It will be nice for you to catch up.

Andy, I love outside landscapes. I wish I knew more about landscaping. Every year I learn a little more. Enjoy your day.

,Wiped out, glad easy child did ok for her birthday. Let's hope that at 16 she will turn things around and live up to her potential.

Stepto2, I'm with you. Today is going to better than yesterday. Tell Onyxx I said "hi".

Trish, I hope you feel better today. You have a busy calendar.

We got a bit of good news about the house virtually destroyed in the hurricane almost 11 months ago. A determination has been made but it will be another 2 months before we can start with the completion of this disaster process. FWIW, don't buy vacation/retirement property near the ocean in the great state of Texas. Head towards Louisiana,Miss, Florida. Now I know why it was affordable. No one else wants it because of the bureacracy. Sheesh.

difficult child is still waiting to hear from his interview. Doesn't seem too hopeful does it? Oh well. His casemanager is going to schedule a visit at the vo tech school for non credit type courses. It's something anyhow. We may start to look for housing so that difficult child can see what's out there.

Hope you all have a productive weekend.

Marguerite

G'day, folks. It's way too late for me to greet you all individually - it's bee n a long tiring day and it's not over for me yet even though it's just on midnight (moving in to Saturday here).

My neurologist app't this morning - nice guy but wants to review my MRI in 2 months' time. Observed I've lost some ground due to being so sick for the last 2 months. I have to work to get some fitness back by next time.

difficult child 3 - first his therapist. She's given him some strategies to follow - he has to keep a spreadsheet of challenges faced each week and how he felt.
Then the oxytocin research - he did the first tests and had his first nasal spray, then we waited for any reactions. He didn't have a problem with the previous study so I was fairly confident. However, he's been more irritable, more impulsive and more aggressive since. it COULD be the busy day, or it could be the nasal spray. After the tennis game (where the boys were joined by half a dozen other kids) difficult child 3 had a young girl start squealing at her mother, right next to him. A piercing squeal, he just turned and clobbered her for hurting his ears. Most out of character for him these days. Luckily her mother was understanding - I was not, I told him off and made him apologise. I didn't see it so I don't know how hard he hit her.

We have to keep administering the nasal spray at home - AM & PM. I was due to go to a meeting tomorrow but instead I'm staying home. I need to keep an eye on him, see if we get a similar reaction while he's at home and has less need to stress; plus tonight I had a lnog talk to easy child 2/difficult child 2 who is also stressed because of problems at work. We've justspent the last three hours drafting a letter for her head office requesting conflict resolution and personnel management courses. Plus there's another job I want her to apply for, I need to help her with her application because it has to be in over the next week and we're running out of time. It's an acting gig, TV presenter's job for a kids' TV show. A long shot, but it would be good if she got it. She's got the past professional experience as a performer and kids' entertainer as well as stage & movie work. Although seriously, she needs to try and get a job in child care, then she wouldn't have to stress so much about the current checkout chick job which is driving her nuts. I personally witnessed her boss today chide her for daring to have a sip of water in front of a customer (me). I looked up the laws tonight, as far as I can determine that company is breaking the law by insisting that staff may not drink water while a customer is in the store. By putting ANY restrictions on drinking water, I think they're breaking the law. I'm going to ask a friend in the morning, she's well-versed in industrial law. And according to easy child 2/difficult child 2, it's the last straw in a long line of ongoing problems with this guy - he whines about her to other staff, but not to her. I've just had three hours of this - and now I've got to try and get some sleep!

I'll have more of it tomorrow. If I have to skip my meeting, I'm going to do some more cooking. I made a batch of orange and date muffins tonight so I'll make some more muffins tomorrow. Maybe choc-orange, or choc-banana (with a dash of rum & coconut cream).

Life is never dull in the Marg house!

Enjoy your Friday.

Marg