Good Monday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning All,

It's hard to believe it is Monday already. We had a nice weekend in Michigan. difficult child was well behaved at the Christmas party! At one point he was singing in a very high voice and very loudly in front of everyone. We asked what he was doing and he said, "What? It's Oprah!" At first we didn't get it until I said did you mean opera and not Oprah. He said yes he meant opera. We were all laughing and he joined in didn't get mad at all!

I've decided to stay home today as I'm not feeling 100% so I plan on sleeping a lot today. :sleeping:

I hope everyone has a peaceful day! :snowman:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning Sharon & all who follow :flower:

Sharon, a busy weekend with a day home in bed under the covers sounds like a plan to me. Hope you're feeling better soon.

I've been up most of the night listening to ktbug practically hack up a lung. Her cold, as you can tell, is getting worse. She's not running a fever so I will end up sending her in to school - with one caveat to school staff. If she' running a fever she will have to wait to be picked up by husband. I cannot drive today.

I've a grocery order being delivered today & plan on cooking a couple of this week's meals ahead of time if I have the energy. I may simply sleep the morning away. Once kt gets home from school we are going to do a bit of her laundry.

We've a ritual after her bus drops her off. We sit down with our collective cups of coffee (me) & decaf sugarless cappacino (kt) & discuss our day. It helps the "reconnection", if you will, at the end of the day & I can find if she is heading toward a PRN medication for the evening. Start some self calming activities right away.

Okay, it's worked for the last 4 days or so - but I'll take it! :rofl:

Enjoy your Monday - hope it's calm & full of cooperation out of your difficult children. :angel:

LittleDudesMom

:elf: Good Morning on a No Meltdown Monday!!!

Sharon, glad the weekend went well and the party was fun :miseltoe:. Cute story about difficult child, glad he could understand that they were laughing with him not at him! Take care and get lots of sleep today :sleeping:

We are having some freaky weather today!! It is already 63 degrees and heading up to the low to mid 70's :nonono:

Everyone is healthy so school is on :teacher:. easy child has a doctor appointment this morning - we will take difficult child to school and head to the doctor's office. After that I will run to get two last gifts (difficult child wants to get his 1:1 a crossword puzzle book and I need to pick up a gift card for our youth director and wife), then I have some light stuff to do around the house. I will try to hit the nail salon after all that is done. That should take me right to pick up time from school. I could use a few more hours....... :future:

Wishing everyone a great Monday - make sure the No Meltdown word gets out!

Sharon :rudolph:

Marguerite

G'day, all.

Sharon/Wiped, enjoy your rest. I'm glad things went well with difficult child at the Christmas party.

Liinda, I hope kt gets better soon. A cough like that - not good. I'd be keeping her home, a really bad cough is disruptive in the classroom. Try regular small spoonsful of honey? At least it could soothe the throat which must be getting really sore. I like your reconnection ritual - because of our long car drives (essential, whenever we go "to the mainland") that is when we do our reconnecting.

Sharon/LDM, sounds like you have a busy day. I hope you can track down all the Christmas shopping you're after.

We had a fairly quiet day - for difficult child 3, who again worked well. He's been frantic this evening, though, searching for his missing wallet (somewhere in the house) because I told him we're going shopping tomorrow afternoon and he wants to buy more Christmas presents. He finally has his own debit card and wants to use it. I'm beginning to wonder, I may have an idea where his wallet is, I just remembered the last time the card got used.
I saw the neurologist this morning, he said I looked a lot better. He agreed, though, that I'm still weaker on the right side.
Working hypothesis still seems to be MS. It seems weird to still not have a firm diagnosis after 23 years... I've had descriptive labels, but nothing more specific.

Tomorrow - more work for difficult child 3, then the last class at the local school for me for the school year (I'm still thinking of quitting), and then we go out shopping, husband to also see a doctor, and difficult child 3 to have his afternoon drama class (last rehearsal before the end of year performance next week).

Tuesdays are always busy for us.

A very light, almost misty rain has been falling intermittently. It's drying almost as soon as it lands but things have cooled a little, it's very pleasant outside in skirt and singlet. Our days are hot and steamy, with storms attacking in various places. Sunday's storm had tennis-ball sized hailstones falling in some parts of Sydney (thankfully not on us). We've had several weeks of this, more to come. It's part of La Niña, we're told - the flip side of El Niño, which brings US drought, and torrential rain to South America.

Enjoy your Monday, everyone.

Marg

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good Morning on a no Meltdown Monday.
We are experiencing the same balmy weather as LDM. Amazingly warm and it appears foggy this morning.

Sharon, how funny about opera and Oprah. It's great to see them laugh. Rest up.

Linda, hope you have a productive day cooking. Hope little kt feels better.

LDM, have a fun finishing up your Christmas activities.

husband is out of town so it's easy sandwich and soup type meals.
difficult child and I are going for his physical and dental exam so that he can start in NJ with a fresh start. Wish us luck. I know his blood work is going to be pretty bad since he continues to gain weight. I can't fix it unfortunately since I can't control what he puts in his mouth.

On a positive note, things are moving along in the holiday preparations. I feel a little less :xmasdec: and more ::money::
The house has taken on some holiday cheer.

Have a good Monday. Kiss someone you love. :salute:

happymomof2

Good Monday Morning, now doesn't that sound like an oxy moron (spx) ! :smile:

Sounds like all of you had a nice weekend. Ours was pretty calm. difficult child had a couple of irritable moments but got over it. No putting fist through walls at any rate.

Typical Monday here - lots of running.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Laura

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Well since husband decided he didnt want to get up with the alarm I decided to be stubborn and not also. Now not enough time to say individually. Hope everyone has a good day.

We are off to gfg1s staffing this morning. Warrior power!!!

Beth

tiredmommy

Good morning.
I think I'm in for a rough one today. I had trouble sleeping, my head hurts and I have a cough. :bloodshot:
And I'm falling behind for Christmas... :xmasdec:
Have a good day! :geek: