Good Saturday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning All,

It is already 62 degrees here. I love mornings when it starts out so nice. The high is suppose to be 75 so it looks to be a gorgeous day!

I'm off to work in a bit and not looking forward at all to stepping on the scale this morning. This has not been my best eating week. :full:

After work I need to mop the floor quick as my dad and his wife are coming today. Dad's going to help me plant some tomatoes along the side of my garage. I'm so excited because last year I never got them planted and there is nothing tastier than a tomato picked straight from the vine!!

Wishing everyone a day filled with sunshine outside and in your hearts!:kisses:

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Sharon- Duckie wants a small garden, but I'm terrible at it. I was thinking of trying container pots because they seem more manageable. Have fun with Dad and his wife. :)

Duckie is upset about my neighbor dying yesterday (as are husband & I). She felt guilty because we went to her friends' dance recital last evening. She said it didn't feel right to be having fun. :(

He was one of those men that really doted on his wife, he took care of nearly everything. While he had some chronic illnesses, it was all so sudden. We're all very concerned for her well-being.

We had heavy storms move through last night: heavy rain, wind and lightening. I had a hard time getting back to sleep, so I'm a tired girl this morning.

Have a great day. Hi to anyone that snuck in.

Marguerite

G'day, I'm back! Well, sort of. It's rough, it's cobbled together, but it's the best we've got, even intermittently, for a few days. I'll post separately about our *interesting* week...

Sharon, do enjoy that gardening session with your father. Do you have some basil to plant with the tomatoes too? They not only make good companion plants, but I love the taste of fresh basil with home-grown tomatoes. As long as you keep an eye on it and keep using it (ie pinching it back at the terminal shoots) a basil plant will keep you supplied all summer.

TM, I think you've got the right idea, growing in containers. Make sure they're really big; smaller pots dry out too fast in summer, and you can always plant a mini-garden in a pot so extra space isn't wasted. I like planting a large herb tub, planting five or six different herbs in a large plastic self-watering pot I can barely get my arms around. Just don't plant mint plants with any other types; mint doesn't share well.
Sorry to hear about your neighbour - tell Duckie not to feel guilty - sureoy your neighbour would have wanted her to go out and have fun. Nothing would have been gained by staying home and thinking sad thoughts. A good man would want his memory to make people happy, not sad.

I had a meeting today, but I had to beg off so I couled supervise difficult child 3 (doing extra work for school) and also make contact with repairs & insurance people (again, I'll post separately). difficult child 3 worked well, so I rewarded him with the chance to unpack and set up our NEW copy of Wii Fit (I heartily recommend it (again, I'll post separately).

Tomorrow - who knows? I'm hoping difficult child 3 will get more work done, so I might have to miss church.

It's quite warm here considering it's winter tomorrow, I'm sitting in an unheated room at night, wearing a short-sleeved cotton t-shirt and light cotton trousers. Bare feet. The thermometer says it's 20C, which is 68F, definitely not typical Sydney night time winter temperatures. They tell us Sydney's had the driest May weather on record, although we had 75mm rain in an hour (almost three inches) a couple of nights ago. The rest of Sydney missed out.

It's been a hectic week and I'm hoping to get more things done tonight before (hopefully) a good night's sleep. Who knows what tomorrow will bring?

Enjoy your Saturday.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

:cutie_pie:Good Morning Friends!

Sharon, as usual, you are up early and ready to roll! I slept until 7:45 this morning! Have fun planting with your Dad. You are going to love those tomatoes this summer!

TM, Duckie will enjoy the container gardening! Have her plant a couple beans from seed in one pot - they sprout in a couple days and then she can add some sticks and string and watch them grow! They have some really cool tomatoe trees out now that you can put in a container. Shows what a sweetie Duckie is that she is so concerned about the passing of your neighbor.

Marg, difficult child doesn't know it yet, but I bout a Wii back in January. I'm giving it to him on the last day of school. He has had such a great first year of middle school and has worked so hard. I was actually thinking of getting the Wii fit. How do you all like it? Do you and husband use it? Does difficult child enjoy it?

I'm usually at the gym by now on Saturday, but I'll be leaving here in about 20 min. Needed a little extra sleep and coffee time this morning.

It's heating up her already....it's 74 this early on our way to about 91!

easy child's boyfriend arrived in town yesterday afternoon. He is spending the weekend in town at a hotel not far from our house. He suprised her by being here when she got home from school. He rushed in with a coursage for me to hide in the fridge for tonight!! Awww, young love......

Have a great Saturday everyone!

Sharon

Marguerite

Sharon, I just posted about the Wii Fit in a new thread - I think it could be a cheaper substitute (and especially with daily use, at least as effective) as DORE. Technology has caught up and been made much more portable and user-friendly. Also in general - the Wii is really great for group activities, so you can play as a family. I've heard of them being tyaken into retirement villages and nursing homes, to get older people up and moving. They're not just for nerdy kids.

Marg

Andy

Wipedout and Tiredmommy - When we moved here several years ago, we inherited a garden near the lake. That next Spring, husband stated he did not want to see any muskrats again this year because they ruined the garden last year. easy child who was then 3 yrs old replied, "The snow already did that." So, here is to no snow and muskrats in your gardening adventures.

Marguerite - I am looking forward to your posts. Sounds like you may have had one months worth of adventure in the last week.

Marguerite and Littledudesmom - We also have a Wii game. Don't have a Fit Wii mat yet. I am always open to suggestions of non-violent games (sometimes hard to find but we have a library of Wii games already).

Littledudesmom - How fun for easy child! It will be an exciting day for her.