Good Saturday Morning!

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

I was supposed to go canvassing door-to-door for a school board candidate but it looks like that is out due to high winds and the likelihood of strong thunderstorms. So it looks like I'll be staying close to home instead today. :windy:

We plan to go to dinner tonight, should be fun. We're going to a restaurant right around the corner that's been open for a year but we've never went to before now. I'll have to look at the menu to make a healthier choice as I'm sure this Italian place isn't very weight watchers friendly! :spaghetti:

So where are all the sleepy heads?

Have a great day! :salute:

crazymama30

Morning all. Off to work today, maybe I will get lucky enough to get sent home early. difficult child got back from his field trip yesterday, and he was a little out of control, but I could see that he knew it, and he was working to control it. He would spiral and then settle over and over. He has never done well with transitions, and I expect today to be a better day.

TM, enjoy your dinner. I hope the weather does not get too nasty for you.

LittleDudesMom

:lady:Good Saturday Morning Friends!

TM, we are warm and a tad humid this morning but we are expecting some wind and falling temps moving in this afternoon. Enjoy your dinner out tonight - use your WW books to look up the points value in the Italian section so you can have a plan when you get there - don't forget this is a perfect time to use all you flex points at one time!!!

CM, ok - here's hoping you get sent home early today!

Getting a few chores done around the house this morning before we drive up to surprise my mom for mother's day! easy child is teaching 3 or 4 swim lessons at work this morning then we'll hit the road!

Hope your Saturday is great one! :salute:

Sharon

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning everyone. I have been enjoying the summer like morning although it's supposed to cool a bit today and tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it.
We have really had over the top high temps for spring.
TM, dinner sounds like a nice thing to do on a saturday night. Smart idea about making a plan for your food choices.
Crazymama, it's nice that difficult child was trying hard to get himself together.

We are planning to work in the yard today although I do want to go play as usual when husband is home.
Last night we watch "Blindside". It was pretty good. Sandra Bullock was great in her role.

TM, you snuck in on me. Your surprise sounds great. I may take a drive up your way next sat. There is a Pyr get together
with a class in training and grooming.

Everyone have a great Saturday.

Marguerite

G'day, people.

TM, I hope the storms don't interfere with your dinner plans.

Crazymama30, good for difficult child trying to control himself. It just shows - these kids want to be accepted, they want to be good.

Sharon/LDM, enjoy your visit with your mother.

Fran, I haven't seen "Blindside". I want to - it looks like a good film. difficult child 3 is becoming a Sandra Bullock fan since a TV for schools show here discussed "Speed" and showed clips of it. It's funny - he doesn't particularly notice Keanu Reeves in anything!

It's late here again, after a busy day. Auditions for the play I'm involved with - the director had to replace most of the cast (long story). easy child 2/difficult child 2 & I didn't have to audition but had to go so there were other cast to read 'against'. Plus I had put forward a young friend of ours for the lead role. She got is but is sharing it with another young girl in order to not be in violation of child labour laws in this country. Young friend is delighted.

First rehearsal of the new cast is next Sunday, which is a bummer for me - I'd hoped to have one more weekend off so we could go visit easy child & SIL1 next weekend. Now if we go at all, we will have to come back a day early so I can get to the rehearsal.

After we left the audition (and traffic into and out of the city was atrocious, turned out there has been a major truck accident blocking the entrance to one of Sydney's inner city arterial roads) we headed out to the suburban Chinatown to buy fabric (after the director had approved swatches and discussed the fine detail of the costume designs). It was good to have easy child 2/difficult child 2 and young friend there - young friend's costume was one of the reason for purchases so we were able to measure the fabric directly on her. Bought it all in about 15 minutes. Then we walked the length of the shopping centre to stock up on Chinese groceries.

After that - I did a favour for young friend's mother who was with us, helped her move some office furniture into her professional rooms around the corner. Then we drove home - after dark by this time. I dropped easy child 2/difficult child 2 home on the way then dropped friends home (they live in the next village, only a few minutes away). Got home just in time to go to mother in law's for dinner. husband cooks on Saturday night but I took down some of the goodies I'd bought (custard tarts, barbecued pork) to go with the smoked salmon and pan-fried redfish. mother in law had cut up some rockmelon which was a perfect accompaniment. We watched Iron Chef while we ate - a bit incongruous.

Tomorrow we're heading back into the city (hopefully the traffic will be better) to go see "Calendar Girls" on stage. A Mothers Day treat for us. difficult child 3 is staying at home - all that elderly female nakedness ("we're not naked, we're nude") would be too much for him.

I'm really feeling the effects of the cortisone injection - my shoulder is less painful if I'm gentle with it, but it feels weak and unstable, and I've got the steroid flushes and stomach upset. Not sleeping well...

Enjoy your Saturday, everyone.

Marg