Good thoughts please

everywoman

My difficult child mother's house burned this morning. Her bedroom, bathroom are a complete loss. The rest of the house is badly smoke and water damaged. This is a house she has lifetime rights to. It was her brother's and she lived with and took care of him before he died. His daughter was deeded the home, but she allowed my mom to live there. I do not know if there is any insurance on the home. My mother is on SS and does not have any money. Please send some good vibes down south.

DDD

Fingers crossed that it is not as severe as it appears. What a heartbreaking event. Sending caring thoughts and supports. DDD

Nancy

I am very sorry to hear this and I hope things will work out. It's a tragc situation to go through, but thank goodness no one was injured.

The house I grew up in and my parents still lived in had an electrical fire years ago. Mom was bedridden at the time and passerbys had to stop to help carry her out. The upsairs was completely ruined, burned and charred. The downstairs had awful water damage and smoke damage. I got there in time to watch the firemen throw all our memories out the upsatirs window. It took months to rebuild the inside and years for the smoke smell to go away, but it did and they did a nice job with the repair.

I am sending good thoughts to you and your mom.

Calamity Jane

Thank goodness no one was physically hurt, but the emotional/financial devastation is absolutely real. I'm sending caring thoughts her way.