Good Thursday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

The weekend is almost here!! They are forecasting one last warm day before it gets colder again-at least we have had a sample of spring!

Long day ahead with work and then a visit to difficult child. I may try to get a walk in at lunch time since I haven't made it to the club the entire work week. Usually I do better (with fitting in my workouts) once daylight savings time starts but with visits to difficult child it is late by the time we get home.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day and hoping everyone finds reasons to laugh today:peaceful:

Marguerite

G'day folks.

I hope you get your walk in. Roll on daylight saving time!

I was a bit edgy today, plus there was a sale on in a suburb about an hour's drive away. mother in law was probably feeling a bit bereft with sis-in-law having left early this morning, so I grabbed her for company and we headed off. I bought a tailored suit (skirt & jacket) for A$39 (a good deal) then we took another five minutes to Chinatown and bought a few supplies. Amazingly we got a parking spot (otherwise we would have left it) but we didn't take long. We were back home by early afternoon.

It's hot weather here at the moment, in the middle of the day. Early morning it's cooler, evenings are still warm. I haven't had a chance to swim for over a week now, with demands on my time and energy (plus dud weather for a few days). I may have a chance tomorrow, but I have to weigh it up with all the other demands on me.

I've been having to take sleeping pills to sleep for the last couple of nights, I'm hoping to not need to tonight. So I may have to catnap tomorrow.

Tomorrow night we're seeing a stage 'performance' - a sort of public interest lecture by two public science boffins. We're all fans of these guys, looking forward to it.

Enjoy your Thursday.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

Good Morning!

It's a lovely morning here - the kind that just make you smile!

Sharon, we have three more days of nice weather then the cold returns with the onset of storms Sunday. But in the meantime, we are enjoying rising 70's - spend hours outside yesterday and the back of my legs are screaming this morning! Hope you get that workout in today - maybe a walk at lunch with a teacher buddy?

Marg, I love Chinatowns! Hope you can begin to taper your sleeping pills - a nap is a great thing Marg - such a recharge. Enjoy the performance tomorrow night.

Office most of the day today even though I would rather being doing something outside! But I've already "cleared by schedule" so I can spend a nice chunk of tomorrow outside "playing"!

Enjoy your Thursday,

Sharon

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning all.
with-O I hope difficult child is improving and you are feeling more hopeful. Getting some exercise does a lot to clear the mind, don't you think? Hope you get your walk in.

Marge, I'm having good thoughts that your family trauma starts to ease and your sister is on the road to recovery. I would also be devastated if I lost my baby sis or any of our siblings. Hope you get some rest.

We are digging up our back yard to redo the veggie garden and putting in a gazebo. It's a big production but the puppies are having a field day. They are covered in reddish clay from digging, digging and digging in the dirt the workers have piled up. Needless to say they aren't getting to run through the house like this. I figure it's not worth bathing until the dirty work is done. They are still white but their heads and forepaws have a henna tint. LOL. Ugh, what a mess.

Next week I head to SW Pa. Mom is feeling so much better that she is sure she can return home. I keep reminding her it's because she is not overdoing it and eating balanced meals but she is sure she can get back into the swing of things. She has only one more blankie to knit for her great grandson and she will be done. All the grandchildren get one. She did a nice job.
Still I worry that she will return home and go back to her old way of doing things and put herself in a state of poor health. This is the second time she has returned home when I thought she should just stay put. She has a little difficult child in her also. LOL.

difficult child has applied and applied for jobs but not one return phone call. Very disappointing.
We are hoping to see easy child this weekend for dinner. He is just recovering from a terrible sinus infection.

Today is a just the normal house jobs. I may take mom out to do a bit of shopping before the weather gets rainy or cool.

Have a good Thursday.

LittleDudesMom

Hey Fran! We were typing at the same time! Are you doing the new garden there in the fence where the old one was? I would be a tad afraid the pups couldn't tell the difference between grass and cucumbers!!!!

Glad to hear mom is doing better. How do you feel about leaving her there on her own?

Give the pups a pet for me!

Sharon

Fran

Former desparate mom
Hi Sharon, We will fence off the veggie garden with deer and puppy proof fencing. My guys weren't diggers before but they are having a field day. I have never seen them so dirty. It's pitiful. LOL but they are dogs. I'm a little concerned that the digging fun may move on to the new flowers and landscaping. I'm thinking I may make a digging area out of all the old lumber. It can be hidden by the trees. I'd like to make a "potty" area too but I'm not sure my independent pyrs would be all that trainable. LOL. It's nice to have woods to hide all those nasty habits. The daily potty pick ups wear thin with 3.
On top of all of this Darcy routinely splashes and sprays the little bobcat digger when the workers are gone. LOL.
I'm already making lists of plants for my patio pots.
It looks like rain today so no work to be done in the back. : (
Hope you have a fun day in the office.

Farmwife

with-O Just one more day, sniff sniff. I had so been hoping for a weekend barbecue, sitting on the porch and just relaxing. This winter funk really got to me bad this year. going to try light therapy next year. As for exercise...if I wasn't so out of shape I might exercise more, lol.

Marg What I wouldn't do to go to a Chinatown, anywhere...So many sights, smells and tastes to take in. What a fun adventure.

Sharon Looks like I may get to share in that sunny smiling morning. Spring is the best!!

Fran Who thought the dogs would look forward to fresh dug soil as much as people do? I miss my Pyr so much. A boy up the road hit him with his truck, boo hoo. Poor dog was doing his job protecting his charges at the time. I guess he thought the truck was a threat. They are such amazing dogs. I plan to get one to grow up with baby diva.

As for myself,
Tired, always feel tired. I guess it's a part of being a parent and having a million little chores to get to like folding laundry that never seems to be done.

Yesterday I started some seedlings for my upcoming garden. husband made me a grow light so I should have a much better year than the last two. I thought I was going to keep it simple this year but have like 9 varieties of heirloom tomaters going. husband is going to try his hand at giant pumpkins. That should make it all fun.

Have some ducklings started. I'm happy because my chickens used to eat all of my veggie patch before I could. Ducks have fun personalities and are much less troublesome. Got a dairy goat. Won't have milk for another year since she is young but the possibilities are making me happy. Going to make cheese, yogurt, ice cream. Doesn't matter, just happy to be able to provide more for my family. I don't often get a sense of accomplishment or feel like I contribute enough since I don't have an outside job. My projects help that. So many carrer mommies I run into bragging about a promotion at work. I start to feel like a bum. None of them seem impressed by things like sewing or baking. *shrug*

difficult child has been good for almost a month. He gets edgy from time to time though, nothing big. The other day I could tell he was on the verge of a meltdown. I told him I could see it and that maybe it would be a good idea for him to talk, sort it out and avoid the drama. For the first time ever we skipped the outburst and he moved on...OMG, am I at the right house?