Grant Denied for Kanga

JJJ

I got home from vacation with the 3 littles last night and the letter was here. We were denied the grant. I have been having overlapping panic attacks since then. We are going to appeal today, but I need to stop crying first...

meowbunny

I am so very, very sorry. I wished I could say I'm surprised but I'm not. It really does seem that once we've adopted our children, nothing is really done to help them, at least for most of us. It usually takes threats of lawsuits and adoption disruption to get even minimal help. That is so very wrong.

Many, many hugs.

wakeupcall

Oh, no, JJJ. I'm so sorry. Go ahead and have your cry, then put on your Warrior gear! We're right there with you!!!

Steely

OMG.........There are just no words. Just none. I am so, so sorry.

I know when you have purged your grief - your warrior armor will reappear - and you will find Kanga the perfect place. You will.

Hold on - don't lose hope.
Sending strength and many hugs your way.

slsh

member since 1999
OMG, JJJ. I'm stunned, truly. Absolutely gobsmacked.

A gentle hug to you. I'm just so saddened this is so doggone hard. I honestly thought she would be approved in a heartbeat.

Hang in there, hon. Sending you much strength.

KTMom91

I am so sorry. Sending hugs and prayers, and a cloth to shine up your armor when you're ready to head out.

F

flutterbee

I'm just stunned, too.

I'm so sorry. My heart aches for you and your family.

Star*

call 911........call 911
JJJ.

Call these people and tell them your story. I dont' know if P&A is the same in your state as it is here but...if it isn't then MAKE them tell you someone who will get involved on Kanga's behalf and help you.

ILLINOIS PROTECTION AND ADVOCACY AGENCY

Equip for Equality, Inc.
20 North Michigan Avenue,
Suite 300
Chicago, IL 60602

Phone: (312) 341-0022
TTY: (800) 610-2779
FAX: (312) 341-0295
Toll Free: (800) 537-2632 (nationwide)
E-Mail: [email protected]
Web Page: www.equipforequality.org
Executive Director:
Zena Naiditch
E-Mail: [email protected]

B

butterflydreams

{{{{HUGS}}}} I am so sorry. I have been following you and Kanga's story and I really just feel for you. You are in my prayers.

Christy

Steely

Still thinking about you J. Just wondering if they gave a reason for denial? It all makes me SO mad! If only I had millions of dollars, oh the things that I would do!

4sumrzn

I'm so very sorry. My thoughts & prayers are with you. I know it has to be very difficult, but don't give up!!!!!!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
JJJ,

I'm flabbergasted! It's unbelievable that a difficult child who's symptoms are so very dangerous & in need of help can be denied.

Go for that appeal - raise cain! Lawyers, guns & money! (Okay - skip the guns.) Media!

Please know that you & your entire family are in my thoughts & have been daily.