Guess who is a smarty pants?

DammitJanet

You know how Star has always told everyone on here about the Workkeys program? Well, Cory was trying to get a job someplace and they told him he had to take the test through the this program.

Well Cory took the test last week and he got his certificate today. He got Gold!

There are three levels Gold, Silver and Bronze depending on how well you did on the test in 3 different areas.

He is trying to get on at Campbell Soup.

I wish he would take this as a sign to go get that GED. Sigh.

DDD

I missed Star's post on that program. I'll have to look it up. Congrats on the excellent testing.
DDD

dashcat

I missed it too, DJ. Do you have a link? Congratulations to Cory. I hope this inspires him to see how smart he really is.

Dash

KTMom91

That could actually be a blessing, Janet. He's a hard worker, but you've said the heavy physical stuff just kills him. If this place can train him to work in an office, it'll be so much easier on him physically.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
You know what? Sometimes it takes an outside source such as this to konk our kids over the head that they really DO have a brain should they chose to use it.

That moment for Travis was an IQ test taken via the school. He scored higher than easy child, did not surprise me, but blew him away. His whole attitude changed.

I so hope the same thing happens for Cory. Way To Go!

And I may have to check into this test.

DDD

Janet, do they help with job location after you have passed the tests? I couldn't tell from the site but, lol, I'm not the swiftest on net searches. DDD