Has anyone made...

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Basically, any recipe for a whole chicken should work fine. You would want to cook it on the 'fast' setting so it doesn't fall apart.

If you add veggies, put them on the bottom and place the turkey on top. The turkey is done when the juices run clear when you puncture the thickest part of the meat.

With a breast, if you can figure out how to weight it down as it cools, it should 'set up' so that you can slice it for sandwiches and stuff.

I wouldn't serve this as a guest dish. It should taste good, but the color would be pallid and it would not present well for a fancy entree.

tiredmommy

Kat... I'm just looking for a simple way to make one so I'm not trying to make a big meal after Duckie gets home from school one day this week. :)

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
TM, I'd say go for it. I somehow figured that with the holidays coming up, that you were looking for info on a holiday entree.

Basically make like you are cooking a BIG chicken and everything should be fine.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I've done it .... it's really pretty basic. I didn't add much but a bit of water & poultry seasonings. I cannot remember how long it needs to be in the slow cooker but it turns out really moist.

SRL

I used to make them in the crockpot but now do them in my 6 quart Nesco roaster. For the crockpot I usually did them on high for the first hour because I figured it would be safer. I never added seasonings--I just wanted enough juices for a little gravy.

Some people prefer to do the breast side down but I didn't think it made a great deal of difference.

KTMom91

I've put a whole chicken in, stuffed with an onion, salt and pepper only, and it's great. If you want the veggies to be part of the meal rather than flavoring, add them about 30 minutes before you plan to serve the meal, otherwise they'll be really mushy.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Please don't take this wrong, but there is a Slow Cooker For Dummies book out there...

I always google my recipes (we have stock in Google,LOL!).