Having fun with the new format

R

runawaybunny

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sue C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But.......is there something we are supposed to do on our computers so this doesn't happen with our email or other sites we visit??? Does anyone know??? Now I'm scared.

sue </div></div>This forum is secured, that's one of the reasons I was so concerned about updating the software. There are other forums that do allow html. They may never get hacked, but it's the same as leaving their doors and windows unlocked.

I agree with Lothlorien, everyone that goes on the internet needs an antivirus program and then it needs to be updated regularly. I also recommend that everyone get an anti spyware/adware program. Microsoft offers a free one for windows operating systems. I use it on our home computers and I really like it.

Microsoft Defender - Spyware Protection for Free.

R

runawaybunny

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fran</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm lost too.
What do I do to prevent anyone from doing what you describe?
enable, unenable or anything in between??? I'm not sure which is the right thing to do. </div></div>On here Admins and Mods have the choice to toggle html on for their own posts. That option isn't available for members in case someone registers with the intention of hacking this forum.

On other sites if you have an updated virus program and use a spyware/adware blocker you should be fine.

O

OTE

I'm having another problem...other than old age! LOL

I often look for an update from someone in crisis. It's hard to do that when the poster's name is hidden under the title of the post. So much easier when the poster's name has it's own column.

SunnyFlorida

So that's where those little emoticon guys went to!! :smile: Now I can just use a drop down menu :bravo:

Is it possible for each user to change the background color?

R

runawaybunny

There are a couple of styles available in the My Stuff&gt;&gt;My Preferences area. There will be more in a few days.

donna723

OK, how do I change it to blue? I'm not really a "yellow" type. But remember please, I'm one of the "technologically challenged" folks!

:surprise:

Nancy

Go to My Stuff at the top of the forum, then My Preferences, and then go to Your Preferred Stylesheet.

Nancy

Nancy

<span style="color: #FF0000">You are very welcome Donna. It's much easier on my eyes too. </span>

:smile:

Nancy

R

runawaybunny

Get it while it's in season... there's Valentine's day style sheet, I don't think I'd wannt to look at it every day... but it is Valentine's day.

O

OTE

I tried all the colors. Believe it or not, the black background works best for my eyes... who knew? Guess I'll have to try doing this on the rest of my computer. After all, why am I typing on Word in black numbers on white if white on black is easier on my eyes!

Thanks Cheryl!