Heard from J finally

Abbey

Spork Queen
It's been a few weeks since we heard from J. That is usually NOT a good sign. But, the conversation was good. He sounds good, is working day labor and paying his rent. He sounded genuinely interested in seeing me and his brother.

He talked about how hard it is to stay on the straight and narrow, but he's comitted to continuing down that path. I told him I was proud of him, and yes...it WILL be hard for quite awhile.

So, we'll probably visit sometime in the next month or two. It will be uncomfortable for my son and I, but I guess I have to let a small piece of the wall crumble to make any headway.

Abbey

KFld

Well I'm glad he was doing good. It's always nice to get a good report. I hope he continues down this path and is truly committed to staying on the straight and narrow. I'm glad you are going to go see him soon. This way you can see for yourself how he's doing.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
That's wonderful, Abbey! I so hope that he continues to do well. I'm glad you held out. I hope the desire to see all of you will give J the strength and direction he needs to stay on the straight and narrow.

Happy hugs!
Suz

Fran

Former desparate mom
<span style='font-size: 11pt'>Wow,it's been a long haul,Deb. I don't think I have ever heard an update that is this positive about him. Wow, is all that keeps going through my brain. Best of luck to him and hope the healing will begin. Hugs. Wow.</span>

AliceLee

I'm glad you've heard from him and he's doing well. It's good that he's able to talk with you about how hard it is to stay on the right path. That tells me he is serious about changing. I will pray that he's successful.

Sue C

His conversation has given you hope (I read it and it made me feel very hopeful!)!! Maybe this is the turning point...

Sue

judi

Deb - so glad you guys had a nice visit. Sometimes this is what we have to deal with - not necessarily the relationship that we want but one we can deal with.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Hope J can keep it together for more conversations with his family. Starts with small steps....thinking of you and your family.....
:flower:

busywend

I thought like Fran - WOW!

I really hope you do let a piece of the wall crumble, but if I were you, I would want someone to remind me that I am capable of building a wall. Perhaps that is slightly comforting to know you can survive building a wall again if necessary.

HUGS!

kris

<span style="color: #993399"> i have to admit, deb, that this is so not what i anticipated reading. hopefully he will continue on this path & the path will lead to some healing for your family.

will be rattling the beads for you all.

kris
</span>

SunnyFlorida

What a fantastic post! :princess: I'm really really happy for this little piece of good news in such a long time. Glad that you all will meet and share some time. Sending lots of hope that it lasts.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Thank you for your responses. I waited two days to post as it always seems to jinx what is happening. :slap:

I truly do want the best for him, but there is a LOT of repair to be done. I worry alot about his younger brother. He doesn't even know him, and the memories he has are not good.

Time will tell.

Abbey