Heat Wave..........

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
My basement is basically a root cellar with a furnace.....outside door. I won't be sleeping in there. LOL

We topped out at 104 according to the downtown thermometer, no idea what the heat index was at that point. There is a good breeze going out there though............ Unfortunately it's still 98 degrees so no walk for the doggies this evening.

donna723

It got up to 103 here today but I haven't heard what the heat index was. It's supposed to be 106 tomorrow and shouldn't go below 100 degrees until next Tuesday. I feel so sorry for my son! He does commercial welding in this very large un-air conditioned plant ... wearing heavy protective clothing and a welding helmet!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
My basement is basically a root cellar with a furnace.....outside door. I won't be sleeping in there. LOL

We topped out at 104 according to the downtown thermometer, no idea what the heat index was at that point. There is a good breeze going out there though............ Unfortunately it's still 98 degrees so no walk for the doggies this evening.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Well, weather.com said 98 degrees.............and it never coincides with our downtown thermometer. I dunno where they get their temp info from but it never seems to be near where I am. LOL

I did go out and do the garden. If I want food from it, I don't have a choice. So I put Rowdy back into his kennel with fresh water, supper......then put Maggie on the lead (she likes to play in the garden while Mommy waters it) so she could alternate chasing Molly and swimming in her tub and burn off some energy. Molly lasted maybe 5 mins playing ball. (I didn't get it away from her quick enough)

Oddly, I must be more used to the heat than I realized. Because I was watering and yanking weeds out of the ground.........and I didn't think it was that bad, other than the sweat pouring down my face.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Lisa, it was because the humidity was so darned low. For Ohio, this kind of humidity is drought-related. (In west Texas, where I was born, it would be raining buckets at this level - but that's the desert.)

102 with a heat index of 104 ain't bad - I remember 110...

Heat wave here too. Started today and will continue through our holiday Monday. 93 - 95 Fahrenheit plus humidity would make it around 100+. Yuck!

And we have no air conditioning in our house. Just floor fans and ceiling fans. Our trailer has a/c - I may be there all weekend. easy child is going to a friends cottage and difficult child is supposed to go to grandma's to do some work this weekend.