Hello Again!

J

Junglelandmama

Hi everyone. I had to start a new account, had no idea how long it's been since I last visited!

I will make a signature and fill out my profile once I figure this out. Awesome updated site!

Aly is now nearly 14 and Jayme is 7. Oldest 2 are 23 and 27, wow, time flies! Aly is 5'10" now and absolutely gorgeous! Super into basketball and doing well on a league team.

Aly is the child that brought me to this site way back in 2002 or so. She is getting ready for High School next year and that scares me on so many levels. She is still in a SDC with 2 "regular" classes, art and PE.

Behavior at school is ok, mostly gets in trouble for being a buttinsky and trying to offer "therapy" to friends that r fighting. I know this is a good thing, but somehow she ends up in the mix and gets in trouble also.

J

Junglelandmama

Oops, not sure what I did but it posted before I was done, lol!

Anyways, our issues now are all at home, some things never change. I have changed alot as I am in Recovery now and can think more clearly. We have the therapist we had way back when, since we moved back to this county. She is awesome and is helping us, once again, take back control. Now that she is in her teens, dealing with "normal" teenage silliness as well as the stuff her disorders bring on, life is difficult, to say the least.

So, just wanted to re-introduce myself and let you all know I am back for support as well as to offer support when I can!

Hugs, Vickie

Last edited:

busywend

Welcome back!

Good for you for your recovery!

It is nice to hear a good update. I know the teen years are the toughest though!

HUGS!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Hi ya Vickie!

I was like - IS THAT REALLY WHO I THINK IT IS???? and Aly is HOW old? OMW!!!!!! WOW. Jayme is WHAT????? Dude is 20....(thought I'd throw that in there for you to feel equally as old....er) hhahaha. And your oldest are ......not going to say....but awesome!

Glad to see things are going well. Sending hugs your way!

J

Junglelandmama

Thanks for the warm welcomes! I have missed you all alot. I will do some reading and catch up with y'all

Hugs, Vickie

susiestar

Roll With It
Welcome home!!! We missed you!! Your other screen name was Jungleland, wasn't it? Not sure why I remember that, except that it always made me think of the movie Jungle Book (husband and I saw this on our first real date).

WOW, the girls are really growing up!! Glad to hear they are doing well and that you are too.

((((((((((hugs))))))))))