He's "joyous"

A

AmericanGirl

Wanted to share - difficult child called this afternoon. We had the nicest chat we have had in probably two years. He actually used the word "joyous" to describe how he was feeling. Said his head was "clear".
Not one word that came out of his mouth in a 20 minute conversation was negative. WOW...

They have classes from 830-1200 and 100-300 plus a 12 step meeting every night. His therapist gives him homework and then they review it the next day. Tonight's is to write the negative consequences of his drinking. They've agreed on a list of goals for him to accomplish during his inpatient time.

His therapist told him about the partial hospitalization program after he is released. He said he is already looking for someplace to live so he can continue with their classes, etc.

I know it won't be all smooth sailing but this is a radical shift and I am grateful.

[FONT='lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]​

Last edited:

exhausted

Oh wonderful. He needed to get the poison out of his sytem. I hope he always remembers the feeling of being fresh and clear headed. I can imagine you are feeling joyous as well. A big hug!!

Nancy

That is joyous news. You will never forget that joy in his voice, it will sustain you and give you hope for the not so good days. You know he is in there and now he knows it too.

Nancy

buddy

So glad for your difficult child! I hope those great feelings can carry him onward to even better places!

DDD

Fingers crossed that he continues to see joyful opportunities ahead. That would be simply awesome. Hugs DDD

A

AmericanGirl

Today's call:

He has an AA sponsor.
Definitely wants to attend their partial hospitalization program (8 weeks) after he finishes this one.
Kept talking about how clear his thinking was now.
And the best news of all.....

He said he needs to find new friends when he gets home!!!!!!!! (Many, many, many thanks be to God!)

I know it won't be all good. He still has much to do and many ways to fall down.

I'm just grateful we can talk and be kind to one another.