Hiding the Dog Cookies....

DazedandConfused

from Son.

A few weeks ago he mentioned that he tried one of the dog cookies (the mock chocolate chip that is actually carob) and thought it was pretty good. Of course, silly me just thought he was just curious and tried ONE.

Nearly every morning I give each of our pooches a cookie. Last time, husband went to PETCO and bought a pound of 4 different kinds (I told him to get ONE pound period) because he "loves to spoil his girls".

Anyway, I vary the ones I give them and noticed that the bag of "chocolate chip" cookies was at about half it was the day before. So, I hid them away and promptly forgot about them. I find them the other day and put them with the rest of the other "cookies". Yesterday afternoon there's one TWO left.

Then, I remembered what Son had said to me. :surprise:

I thought about it for a minute and then realized that nearly the same ingredients are in the dog cookies as in people cookies. In fact, they may be the better option because there's no salt and no sugar in them; they are sweetened with apple sauce.

Just another day in the Dazed house.

How's your day going?

Marguerite

I remember watching a TV show that was about a vet whose daughter also made cookies for dogs. She emphasised that people could eat them as well.

I used to eat dry dog food when I as a kid - it was one particular brand, a very cheap one. Sort of like super-dry red Twisties...

A suggestion for your son - get him to bake replacement cookies for the dogs, using the correct recipe (should be able to get a carob chip dog cookie recipe of the 'Net). Natural consequences...

Marg

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Dazed, if it makes you feel any better, my brother is a grain broker and most dog food companies bought higher quality corn than cereal companies.....

lol

Not the point, I know, but...

My other brother ate a whole package of dog jerky once. Didn't realize it was dog jerky until he finished the package and went to open another...