How did it go Timer Lady???

T

TeDo

I'm waiting to hear how the trip went with wm. Time to check in now. HHHHHEEEEELLLLLOOOO?!? You there?!?

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Sorry, ladies....

The trip went well, very well. wm maintained & impressed my family with his growth. We had a family barbecue Saturday afternoon. wm did well with all those relatives about him. He took breaks when he felt overwhelmed; I didn't need to suggest it to him.

On the negative (not many of those) my father gave wm permission to start a fire in his fire pit; bad mistake as wm is more than a bit fascinated with fire. The boy went thru my dad's entire supply of firewood before Dad finally put a stop to it. I tried to intervene & my dad insisted that it was fine. After 6 straight hours my dad was more than a little concerned.

Dad agreed, if/when there is another visit, to abide by the guidelines I & the team had put in place.

I played a round of golf with Dad & my older sister Sunday afternoon while my brother in law took wm out to play along the shores of Lake Michigan. wm has been craving male role models since husband died. I was grateful to brother in law. brother in law & wm had a gas.

I'm sorry I didn't check in before; busy weekend. I stayed over until Monday morning as I didn't want to hit the road after a round of golf ~ just a bit too tired. I didn't get in until 7 last evening. I slept most of today & am just now getting online.

It went good & I'm glad it's over.

T

TeDo

Wow. I was hoping "no news was good news" and it sounds like it was. Glad Dad came around and is willing (at least for now) to follow YOUR rules next time. I hope you get the opportunity for a next time. I am so happy brother in law stepped up to the plate. It sounds like it was just what wm needed. Good for both of you, Linda!

L

Liahona

Amazing. And the rules for fire changed for 6 hours and he still held it together, wow. Sorry, I don't know his history, but with my difficult children I'd be fighting that one for days afterwards.

TerryJ2

Hey, I'm right up there with-Wm and the firepit. I love making fires and keeping them going.
Good for b-i-l. Wonderful!
Glad you got caught up on your rest.