How many of us are empty nesters?

Jen

I should be technically an empty nester, but I think it should include them not contacting us but ooooooo once a month...lol

My easy child daughter is off to her nest post in the army, adn ha opted not to take her husband adn son wtih her. They were to stay temp. It is getting on my nerves, my house is a disaster, and I have given up cleaning. I think i now have 1/4 in dust on my furniture.

Jen

muttmeister

Technically, I'm an empty nester. :dance: :smile:
difficult child#1 lives over 100 miles away and, while he is not doing what I know he is capable of doing, he is happy, working, not in jail, and sending me money every month to help pay for some stuff he owes me so I have no complaints. :bravo:
HOWEVER: difficult child#2 only lives around the corner from me, along with his wife and the two grandkids. I love the grandkids; they are fantastic. :smile: My daughter in law is working; she just switched jobs this week. She was working at Subway and now she is working at Pizza Hut. But difficult child can't keep a job, seems to think that work is beneath him, doesn't have a clue that bills need to be paid, and is a general pain in the you-know-what. :thumbsdown: I never give him money because I know he'd spend it on cigarettes or worse but I have helped with the utilities and gas so that she can get to work. To the point that I'm now in debt. :crazy: If it were just difficult child and his wife, I'd let them live in the street but I can't do that to the grandkids. He seems to have a melt down at least once a week and he is driving me crazy. So it's not exactly like being an empty-nester, even though he doesn't live here. I wish they'd move to Alaska or someplace. :hammer:

goldenguru

oh mutt~

I'm sorry. What a hard place to be.

What can you do except be there for the grands?

I'll bet you wonder where it's all gonna end.

Hang in there.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Not yet -altough my nest was pretty full when eldest moved in with two grandkids in tow. She finally moved out in May after a year, and have decided that that was a one time thing never to happen again. I love the grandkids, but have so moved on from that stage in my life where littleones are underfoot and you find yourself stepping on lego's in the middle of the night, toys everywhere, laundry room constantly in use, kids screaming, their mom yelling....

The two boys still live at home. Everyone comes and goes and pretty much does their own thing - there can be days where I don't see either one of them. They don't make much of a mess, just dishwise, and their rooms actually look halfway decent - I no longer cringe when I pass an open bedroom door.

Marcie