Hubby is fixing dinner...OMG

KTMom91

I'm fighting a cold, napped most of the day, and I asked Hubby to fix dinner. Beanie weenies. Simple enough, right?

We've already had a debate over the size of the pan, the thawing of the hot dogs, the can of beans, his desire to add bacon to the mix, how and when to slice the hot dogs and add them to the pan, how many hot dogs to slice...

It would have been easier to do it myself. I don't know if he's really clueless or just being difficult.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Most likely clueless. :rofl:

Adding bacon sounds yummy.

At least he thinks to ask though. Fred made tomato soup once for me when I was sick......with water instead of milk. I had all I could do not to spew it across the room. I can't tell you how many times he'd watched me make tomato soup with milk. omg

Hope you feel better soon.

Nichole's husband popped up with a raging fever last night when they got home. So far only other symptom is a really bad headache. Makes me worried over which bug he unknowingly exposed the whole family to because there are some nasty ones out there right now.

donna723

I would have had to be on my deathbed for my ex to have ever attempted making dinner. I could be sick as a dog, lying down, and he would stick his head in the door and ask when I was going to get up and fix dinner! ONE TIME in twenty years he actually did it! ONE TIME when the kids were little and I was deathly ill and had closed myself up in the dark bedroom. He asked me when I was getting up to make dinner ... I told him precisely where he could shove that "dinner". So he opened up two cans of soup and heated them up for the kids. Whoop dee doo! And from that day forward, if a conversation ever got around to the subject of cooking, he would proudly state, "I cook too sometimes!" I honestly never thought I was capable of murder until he started spouting off about that! It took everything that was in me to restrain myself! Reason # 847560 why he is now an "ex"!

S

Signorina

About 10 years ago, h took over setting the thanksgiving table. I usually do it the night before- but we had all been sick & we were way behind schedule. I don't know if he chose to take it over or asked for an assignment (his only task).

Anywho- it was about 20 minutes pre guests & the table wasn't set. I was tearing around & asked him why it wasn't set. He told me it was bc the tablecloth needed to be ironed. Luckily, he realized the absurdity of the statement and when I told him "ironing the tablecloth is PART of setting the table" he agreed and therefore, I spared his life. (Lol)

He's ironed the tablecloth every holiday since!

dstc_99

I am one blessed lady. My husband cooks, cleans, does laundry, and pretty much anything else I don't get to. In fact some days I have to tell him to stop and relax otherwise he stays up piddling with things all day.
:smile: